Posted by Fai on Friday, February 22, 2013 at 11:57pm.
0.50g of a mixture of K2c03 and Li2c03 requires 30ml of a 0.25N hcl solution for neutralization. What is the percentage composition of the mixture?
The answer k2c03 96%
K2c03 weight 138g/mol
138/2 = 69
Li2c03 weight 74g/mol
74/2 = 37
30ml x 0.25N = 7.5 / 1000
Who helps me to solve it for me
- chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 1:07am
You have two unknowns; therefore, you must have two equations in the two unknowns.
Let X = mass K2CO3
and Y = mass Li2CO3
X + Y = 0.500g
(#Eq X) + (#Eq Y) = 0.0075 or
(X/69) + (Y/37) = 0.0075
Solve eqn 1 and 2 simultaneously for X an Y. Then
(X/0.5)*100 = %K2CO3
(Y/0.5)&100 = %Li2CO3
Answer this Question
- chemistry - 0.50g of mixture of k2c03 and li2c03 requires 30ml of a 0.25N HCL ...
- chemistry (Pls Bob check for me) - A 1.2g mixture of na2c03 and k2c03 was ...
- chemistry who step by step for me - 1.2g mixture of na2c03 and k2c03 was ...
- chemistry Who clearlyexplain step by step - 1g of mixture na2c03 and k2c03 was ...
- Chemistry Damon - 1g of mixture of na2c03 and k2c03 was made upto 250ml is ...
- chemistry Damon helps me step by step - 1g of mixture na2c03 and k2c03 was mole ...
- Chemistry - 25g of a sample of ferrous sulphate was dissolved in water ...
- chemistry - 50.0 mL of a solution of HCl is combined with 100.0 mL of 1.15 M ...
- chemistry - A 0.2528 g sample of a mixture containing sodium carbonate and sand ...
- Chemistry - To a mixture of NaCl and Na2CO3 with a mass of 1.300 g was added 55....