Posted by alex on Friday, February 22, 2013 at 3:34pm.
Calculate the length of the diagonal for the given rectangular prism. It says length hight width
but in the lesson it says length hight deph how to i find the diagonal example
- Math question? - alex, Friday, February 22, 2013 at 3:35pm
how to get diagonal saying lenght hight width
- Math question? - Reiny, Friday, February 22, 2013 at 4:23pm
another simple name for "rectangular prism" is a box
length be x
width be y
height be z
By the diagonal of the box they want the line from a bottom corner to the opposite corner at the top
(think of placing a stick inside the box, where would the longest stick go ?? )
let the diagonal of the base be d
d^2 = x^2 + y^2
now look at the right - angled triangle formed by that diagonal, the height and our stick
let the length of the long diagonal (our stick) be k
then k^2 = d^2 + z^2 , but d^2 = x^2 + y^2
so k^2 = x^2 + y^2 + z^2
e.g. suppose you have a box which is
12 cm by 10 cm by 8 cm
the diagonal = √(12^2+10^2+8^2) = √308 or appr 17.55 cm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Calculate the length of the diagonal for the given rectangular prism. ...
- Math Alex - Calculate the length of the diagonal for the given rectangular ...
- Math help - Calculate the length of the diagonal for the given rectangular prism...
- Math. fast please! - The length of a rectangle is 3 cm and the width is 2 cm. ...
- math. plzz help - calculate the slant height for the given square pyramid. Round...
- Math help, anyone? - calculate the slant height for the given square pyramid. ...
- math - I know everyone is busy but could u please take a sec for this question...
- math - I have to find the area of a kite. I am only given part of the longest ...
- Pre-Algebra - What is the length of the diagonal for the rectangular prism to ...
- Please Check My Math Answers. Thanks! - Can someone please be kind enough to ...