Posted by mace on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 8:00pm.
USE THE AC METHOD FACTORING 9+^2+5+-4 CAN SOME ONE SHOW ME THE STEP TO SOLVING THIS PROBLEM
- MATH - JJ, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 8:14pm
9x^2 + 5x - 4
the AC method
Multiply the 9 times -4
You have -36
think of factors that will multiple to equal -36 but add to equal the middle number 5.
36 times -1 no
9 times -4 yes
Sometimes it takes awhile to find the right numbers.
Once you do, you write them and -4x + 9x
You replace the middle term with them.
9x^2 -4x + 9x - 4
Next, you factor by grouping
(9x^2 -4x) + (9x - 4)
Take out the common factor in each group.
x(9x-4) + 1(9x-4)
see the (9x-4)... you write that down once and get your other factor from what is left over (x+1)
FINAL ANSWER: (9x-4)(x+1)
Multiply those factors to check to be sure you are correct.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra problem that is causing me headaches - I have no real method for this ...
- algebra,math - My qustion is for the following the problem reads as follows (x-1...
- Math (Algebra 2) - Factoring by Using a Quadratic Form Problem: x^4 + 8x^2 - 20 ...
- MATH - Y^3+Y^2-4Y-4 AND T^2+4Z^2 THESE ARE FACTORING QUESTIONS CAN SOME ONE ...
- Math - Solving quadratic equations by completing the square. Could you show me ...
- Math Algebra - Resolve(17x²+14x + 9) – (-13x² +6x - 12) 30xsquared+20x+21 I'll ...
- Math - evaluate the expression ₆ P ₀ I am not sure how to do this ...
- 7th grade math - How would you solve the problem below using subsitution method...
- algebra - Can someone please show me how to solve this problem step by step ...
- chemistry - This question I really don't get it. I tried tried tried to figure ...