Posted by Angie on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 5:52pm.
The graph of 5x-2y=10 intersects the x-axis and y-axis what are the order pairs for these two points of intersection?
A.(2,0) and (0,5)
B.(2,0) and (0,-5)
C.(-2,0) and (0,5)
D.(-2,0) and (0,-5)
math $$ - JJ, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 5:54pm
Let x = 0
You have 5(0) - 2y = 10
so -2y = 10 divide both sides by -2 to find y. Your ordered pair is (0, y)
Do the same for y = 0
5 x - 2(0) = 10
5x = 10
solve for x and your ordered pair is (x, 0)
math $$ - Knights, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 5:57pm
just saying angie, you don't need to post twice, but alls good.
math $$ - Angie, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 6:00pm
sorry knights my computer was messying up so...
math $$ - Knights, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 6:01pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math $$ - The graph of 5x-2y=10 intersects the x-axis and y-axis what are the ...
- OAA math *wolf* - okay new question.... The graph of 5x-2y=10 intersects the x-...
- *math* - The graph of 5x-2y=10 intersects the x-axis and the y-axis what are the...
- Math plz fast i really need it - Archie rolls two number cubes each with sides ...
- math axis of symmety - What is the equation of the axis of symmetry of the graph...
- Exploring Quadratic Graphs - ok, I totally did not get this question at all. ...
- 11th grade Algebra II - if the roots of ax^2+bx+c=0 are real, rational, and ...
- Math- How many points of intersection are there? - Let x1, x2,..., x20 be ...
- Help with Math - How would i determine the values of 'k' if the graph y=2x^2-2x+...
- Maths - find the points of intersection of (a) the tangents to the graph of y=2+...