Posted by Tara on Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 5:34pm.
i am having trouble understaing how to write these out in simplest form please help
a. 7^3x7^2x8^5/ 8^4x7x8^-7 for this i got 7/8
can you explain and show me how to do this?
algebra - JJ, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 5:42pm
I am having trouble understanding what you mean for part a. Is the x a variable or are you writing it as a times sign to indicate multiplication?
for b I am a little confused too.
a raised to the -2
b raised to the 4
c raised to the 3
should everything in the ( ) be squared?
if so the a^-4 the b^8 and c^6
you should never leave an answer with a negative exponent. You can move it to the denominator of the fraction and make it a^4. Keep the b and c with their exponents in the numerator.
algebra - Tara, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 5:46pm
yes they should be.... so that would make sense what about the first equation?
algebra - Tara, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 5:48pm
and part a iswhere x is the multiplication.
algebra - JJ, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 6:00pm
Checking with what I think you have in your problem
7^3 times 7^2 times 8^5 in the numerator?
If so you can simplify to 7^5 times 8^5 in the numerator
The denominator: 8^4 times 7 times 8^-7
if so you can simplify the denominator to 8^-3 times 7
7^5 times 8^5 divided by 8^-3 times 7
take 7^5 divided by 7^1 gives me 7^4
take 8^5 divided by 8^-3 gives me
8^(5+3) or 8 ^8
I think my final answeris 7^4 times 8^8
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 5th grade math - can you please explain &show me how to get these answers to ...
- math 6th grade - I need to write the percent as a fraction in the simplest form...
- Math help, anyone? - Solve the proportion. Where necessary, round to the nearest...
- Math HELP! - 1. Write 12/32 in simplest form. Could someone please help me on ...
- Math 141 - I am having trouble with this problem. perform the indicated ...
- Math - Subtract. Write the answer in simplest form. 1) 3/7-4/5=10/35-28/35 This ...
- Algebra II - I need to write a polynomial in SIMPLEST FORM having roots 2,-2 and...
- math, algebra,correction & help - directions are: write each fraction in ...
- Mat 117 - •I am having trouble figuring out this question. Why is (3x + 5) (x - ...
- College Algebra - Write the following in a+bi form (-5-i)/(3-3i) -5/3 and 1/3i...