Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 8:59pm.
A 100 L reaction container is charged with 0.724 mol of NOBr, which decomposes at a certain temperature** (say between 100 and 150 oC) according to the following reaction:
NOBr(g) ↔ NO(g) + 0.5Br2(g)
At equilibrium the bromine concentration is 1.82x10-3 M. Calculate Kc (in M0.5)
i got .067
At a certain temperature* (probably not 25 ºC), the solubility of silver sulfate, Ag2SO4, is 0.018 mol/L. Calculate its solubility product constant for this temperature. SIG. FIG. (required because number is small)
*Solubility product constants are very temperature sensitive. They are generally reported at 25 ºC. Not necessarily using this temperature allows me some flexibility.
i got 2.73e-5
At a certain temperature, the solubility of potassium iodate, KIO3, is 53.0 g/L. Calculate its solubility product constant for this temperature.
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 9:56pm
In the first problem, what is (M0.5)?
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 10:09pm
Ag2SO4 ==> 2Ag^+ + SO4^2-
Ksp = (Ag^+)^2(SO4^2-)
Ksp = (2*0.018)^2*(0.018) = ? closer to 2.33E-5 I think.
KIO3 ==> K^+ + IO3^-
53.0/214 = about 0.248
Ksp = (K^+)(IO3^-)
Ksp = 0.248)(0.248) = ?
Frankly I think this is ridiculous. Does anyone use Ksp values for SOLUBLE materials?
- Chemistry - Anonymous, Thursday, February 21, 2013 at 6:31pm
thanks so much!
Answer this Question
- Chemistry - A 100 L reaction container is charged with 0.782 mol of NOBr, which ...
- Chemistry - Given the elementary reaction: 2 NOBr==>2 NO + Br2 k = 0.80 Which...
- ap chemisrty - Kp for the following reaction is 0.16 at 25°C. 2 NOBr(g) 2 NO(g...
- chemistry - Nitric oxide reacts with bromine gas at elevated temperatures ...
- Chemistry - 1. Nitric oxide reacts with bromine gas at elevated temperatures ...
- Chemistry - Nitrosyl bromide, NOBr, readily dissociated according to the ...
- chemistry - Nitrosyl bromide decomposes according to the following equation. ...
- Chemistry - Determine Kc for the following reaction: 1/2N2(g) + 1/2O2(g)+ 1/2Br(...
- chemistry - . For the gas reaction at low pressure 2NOBr ↔ 2NO + Br2 Δ...
- chem class - Nitrosyl bromide decomposes according to the following equation. ...