Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 8:26pm.
I need help with this question:
Sulfur dioxide reacts with chlorine at 227 oC:
SO2(g) +Cl2(g) ↔ SO2Cl2(g)
Kp for this reaction is 5.1 x 10-2 atm-1. Initially, 1.00 g each of SO2 and Cl2 are placed in a 1.00 L reaction vessel. After 15 minutes, the concentration of SO2Cl2 is 45.5 μg/mL. You will determine if the system has reached equilibrium. First, what is Kc (in L/mol)? (A μg is 10-6 g.)
Next determine all initial concentrations. What is the initial sulfur dioxide concentration (in mol/L or M)?
Determine all concentrations after 15 minutes. What is the chlorine concentration?
What is Q after 15 minutes?
This is the one I can't get. I got 1.49, but that's not right?
Then there's this question which is also an extension:
Calculate the mass (in g) of SO2Cl2 expected at equilibrium.
I got .558 but that's not right either.
- Chem - DrBob222, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 9:27pm
Show your work for (Cl2)
Show your work for Q after 15 min.
Show your work for SO2Cl2 at equil. I obtained about 0.0585 g for SO2Cl2.
- Chem - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 9:52pm
thanks! i had already gotten the first couple of answers, which is why i didnt show what i did.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - Sulfur dioxide reacts with chlorine at 227 oC: SO2(g) +Cl2(g) ↔...
- Chem16 - The reaction SO2Cl2(g)--> SO2(g) + Cl2(g) has Kc = 2.99 x 10-7 at ...
- Chem II - Equilibrium - 6.75 g of SO2Cl2 was placed in a 2.00L flask. At 648 K 0...
- Chemistry - Use the data in the table to determine how long it will take for ...
- chemestry - At 100 °C the reaction: SO2Cl2(g) ⇄ SO2(g) + Cl2(g) has Kp = ...
- chemistry - (You may have seen this before) A crude oil burned in electrical ...
- Chemistry - A gaseous reaction mixture contains SO2, Cl2, and SO2Cl2 in a 2 L ...
- chemistry - Sulfuryl chloride, SO2Cl2, decomposes to SO2 and Cl2 according to ...
- Chemistry Question - The reaction of quicklime (CaO) with sulfur dioxide (SO2) ...
- AP CHEM - 19. Burning coal and oil in a power plant produces pollutants such as...