posted by Isis on .
1) Two 1 kg balls move away from each other, one traveling 5 m/s to the right, the other 5 m/s to the left. What is the magnitude of the total momentum of the system?
2) Two 1000 kg cars drive east; the first moving at 20 m/s, the second at 40 m/s. What is the magnitude of the total momentum of the system?
3) If a moving object doubles its speed, a) how much more momentum does it have? b) How much more kinetic kinetic energy?
4) How fast is 0.015 kg bullet moving if it has a momentum equal to 4.5 kg m/s.?
1. Momentum = m1V1 + m2V2=-1*5 + 1*5=0.
2. Momentum = m1V1 + m2V2 =20000+40000 =
3. a. Energy doubles.
b. 4 times.
4. Momentum = m*V = 4.5.
0.015*V = 4.5
V = 300 m/s.