Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 4:41pm.
Please show work
1. 4√(a^6 b^13) / 4√(a^2b)
2.√(2x^3 / 49y^4)
Add or Subtract
3. x√(75xy) - √(27x^3y)
4.(√(5) - 5) (2√(5) + 2)
Rationalize the denominator
5. √(25x^5 / 3y^2)
6. 5 / 2-√(7)
- Math - Help with radicals please - JJ, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 4:44pm
do you have any idea how to do any of these or where to start??
- Math - Help with radicals please - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 4:46pm
I know the basics but I'm still not solid on the concepts. I mainly want to see the processes. Any help would be really appreciated.
- Math - Help with radicals please - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 4:49pm
Also in number 5 it's 24 not 25 sorry.
- Math - Help with radicals please - JJ, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 4:54pm
It seems that you need a lesson in everything you need to know about radicals.
#3 You can't combine radicals unless they are the same like 3x - 2x = 1x
So yo have to write 75 xy as 25(3xy) you can take the square root of 25 with the 3xy left under the radical. for 27x^3y write it as 9x^2(3xy) Take the square root of 9x^2 and the 3xy is left under the radical. Now. you have like terms. Keep the radical 3xy and combine what is out in front.
#4 multiply that one like you woud (x -5)(2x +2) It works like multiplying binomials. It gets a little more confusing because of the radical. Remember square root of 5 times square root of 5 is 5.
#5 put the radical over the numerator and over the denominator. Multipy the numerator and denominator by the square root of 3y^2. When you multiply square root of 3y^2 times square root of 3y^2 you will get just 3y^2.
#6 multiply the numertor and the denominator by the conjugate which is
2 +(radical 7).
- Math - Help with radicals please - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 20, 2013 at 5:18pm
#3 I got 2ab^2 3√(3a^2b)
In #4 I'm not really sure how to multiply the radical is the problem, it's the FOIL method but I still don't really know how to handle it with a radical instead.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Find an equation of the line that bisects the obtuse angles formed by the...
- Algebra 2 Answer Check - Simplify by rationalizing each denominator. 1. 2/√...
- Algebra - How would i complete these problems? 1. (√6mn)^5 2. ^3√16x...
- maths - I will be thankfull to you if you help me to solve the below problem: 6...
- Algebra Work Check - 1. 5√6 * 1/6√216 5/6 * √1296 5/6 * √...
- algebra 1 - alright i have a few questions if its ok..? Simplify: 1. -2√(...
- algebra 1 help - simplifying square roots 1) find volume of this prism? v=bwh b...
- Algebra - Simplify the expressions and solve the equations 1. 2√3 - √...
- Math help Ms. Sue please - 1. What is the simplified form of the expression? 7m^...
- grade 11 math - I don't get how to do this. I'm so lost please help me. ...