Posted by Molly on Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 8:25pm.
1. A premium box ticket at the Canucks game is $60 more than the low section next to the glass. The middle section is $90 less than the box section. The total for these three seats is $360. How much does each seat cost? Use algebra.
2. A house is being renovated for $50,000. Right now the HST is 12% and is charged on all renovations. After April the HST will be gone and be replaced with PST of 7% and the GST of 6%. Renovations will only have to charge GST. How much money will the homeowner save if they wait until April to get the renovations done?
Please help , thanks:)
Math 9 - Reiny, Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 9:12pm
ticket next to glass ---- x
premium box ------- x + 60
middle section ----- x+60 - 90 = x-30
x + x+60 + x-30 = 360
3x = 300
x = 100
next to glass = 100
premiusm box = 160
middle section = 70
compare 12% vs 13% of 50000
or why not just take the 1% difference , which is $500
Math 9 - Molly, Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 9:26pm
Thanks for #1 but i still don't get #2 can u help again
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra 2 - A stadium has 49,000 seats. Seats sell for 25 dollars in Section A, ...
- Physics - A box of unknown mass is sliding with an initial speed vi = 5.40 m/s ...
- Math - The right side of the orchestra section of the Nederlander Theatre in New...
- Math - A stadium has two sections Tickets for section A cost $a each Tickets for...
- Trig - The first 40 rows of seating in a certain section of a stadium have 25 ...
- physics - A box of unknown mass is sliding with an initial speed vi = 5.60 m/s ...
- Math - A section in a stadium has 20 seats in the first row, 23 seats in the ...
- math - A crowd of people is watching a live TV show in an auditorium. Section B ...
- math - A stadium have to section a & B . tickets for section A cost $A each . ...
- PHYSICS 1301 (COLLEGE) - A box of unknown mass is sliding with an initial speed ...