I'll be glad to check your answers.
Wow! What a lot of wild guesses! I could only get through the first 10. But of those, 8 are wrong. Please do not waste our time by fishing for answers.
Look in your book, the questions in the test are usually laid out in the same order that the subject is presented in the text. I live on the mountain with the most abrupt Altitudinal zonation in the world. I hope that helps you learn this subject.
The first one is c.
To avoid risks associated with tornadoes, lightning, and hurricanes
To avoid risks associated with tornadoes, lightning, and hurricanes, in the United States you should steer clear of
100% Correct (Dale ur answer are mostly wrong.)
Yank, for number twelve, the answer was D. It is in fact Iowa.
Yank, you have no room to talk a lot of your answers are incorrect as well.
omg just tell me the answers please
this might help
1. In the United States, as of 2009, which of the following was the largest and fastest-growing immigrant
B. Western Europeans
C. Eastern Europeans and Russians
D. Hispanics** c
2. Two U.S. West Coast ports are world ports that connect the United States and Asian markets. They're
Los Angeles/Long Beach and
A. San Diego.
B. San Francisco.
D. Seattle.** c
3. The _______ were responsible for the forced migration of more people from Africa than any other
4. Significant settlement in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta
A. occurred only as major highways were built across Canada.
B. occurred only after World War II.
C. was a response to the world demand for wheat in the early twentieth century.
D. followed the completion of Canada's transcontinental railways.**
5. Exports of tin and silver were the mainstays of the _______ economy for many decades. However,
today, as the market for tin has declined, the country has become an exporter of other metallic ores, such
6. Which of the following is the primary subsistence crop in Latin America?
7. Which of the following were the main proponents of NAFTA?
A. Human rights groups
B. Labor unions
C. Large corporation**
8. In the Caribbean, Puerto Rico and Jamaica are islands of the
A. Lesser Antilles.
B. Leeward Islands.
C. Greater Antilles.**
D. Windward Islands.
9. Which of the following statements about the physical geography of North America is true?
A. The largest tributary of the Mississippi is the Arkansas River.
B. The most geologically active region of North America is found along the West Coast.**
C. The Mississippi drainage basin is the fifth largest in the world.
D. The ancient rock of the Canadian Shield covers about one-fourth of Canada.
10. Which of the following states is considered part of the Corn Belt?
11. Which of the following is not a leading urban center in Venezuela?
12. Which of the following statements about Southern South America is true?
A. Uruguay has the lowest level of urbanization of any mainland Latin American country.
B. Paraguay is the smallest country of the subregion.
C. Influence of Roman Catholicism has sharply declined in Argentina.
D. The Argentine economy was devastated by the end of 2001 due to multiple factors.**
13. For geographers, the movement of higher-income residents and businesses into poor areas of inner
cities is generally referred to as
B. urban revitalization.
C. urban development.
14. In Brazil, the indigenous population was around 3.5 million before the arrival of Europeans. Today, the
indigenous population is around
B. 1.5 million.
C. 2 million.
15. Which of Canada's Atlantic Provinces has jurisdiction over mainly uninhabited Labrador?
A. Nova Scotia
B. Prince Edward Island
C. New Brunswick
16. In the post-industrial era, an edge city is a/an
A. large suburban development mainly occupied by commuters.
B. merger of several residential suburbs into one entity.
C. urbanized development that is an extension of a megalopolis.
D. complex of warehouses, shopping malls, and offices located along traffic routes.**
17. In the South American Andes, the altiplano between the Cordillera Oriental and the western Cordillera
Occidental is widest in
18. _______ is one of the first Latin American countries to have a separate ministry of tourism with
dedicated funds within its federal governmental structure.
19. The two largest metropolitan areas in Canada are Toronto and
20. Among the northern Andean countries strongly involved in the illegal coca and drug trade, __________
is now the predominant coca producer.
Answer this Question
Geography - The _______ were responsible for the forced migration of more people...
world regional geography - The _______ were responsible for the forced ...
Need help World Geograpy - 3. Among the northern Andean countries strongly ...
world geography - i need the answers to Geography Essentials, Europe, And ...
History - 1. Outside of Europe, the major scenes of battle in the Seven Years ...
Science - The fit of the coastlines of which of the following continents led ...
Geography (Ms. Sue) - How does the culture of the Caribbean differ from the ...
Social Studies - URGENT - Using the five themes of geography, which theme best ...
geography - 1. What isthmus connects North and South America? The isthmus of ...
World History - How did the Portuguese experience in Brazil differ from the ...