Posted by Mary on Monday, February 18, 2013 at 11:47pm.
I need help with this lab.
Write the equation for the decomposition of the hydrate, CuSO4*XH2O.
Mass of crucible and hydrate: 93.000g
Mass of crucible and pure salt: 91.196g
I need to calculate the following:
1. mass of water in hydrate sample(g)
2. number of moles of water in the sample
3. mass of pure salt in the sample(g)
4. number of moles of salt in the sample
5. molar ratio of water to salt in the sample
From your calculations what is the empirical formula of copper sulfate hydrate?
I cant figure out how to get the emperical formula??????
- Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, February 19, 2013 at 12:51am
If you have no more data than this I can't figure it out either.
93.000 g = mass xble + hydrate
91.196 g = mass xble + salt
1.804g = mass water lost
mols H2O = 1.804/18 = 0.100
But this is as far as you can go.
You need the mass of the crucible, then you can figure the mass of the CuSO4.
mols CuSO4 = grams/molar mass.
Answer this Question
- chemistry - I need help with this lab. Write the equation for the decomposition...
- Chemistry - Experiment 1 results: mass of crucible 88g mass of hydrate 93g mass ...
- Chemistry :/ - Experiment 1 results: mass of crucible 88g mass of hydrate 93g ...
- Chemistry - Hi I need with with a prelab calculation for a Hydrate Crystal lab ...
- Chemistry - An unknown hydrate of copper (II) oxalate is to be identified in the...
- Chemistry - What percent by mass does the water constitute in Na2SO4*10H2O? ...
- chemistry - mass of crucible- 18.50g mass of crucible+hydrate- 19.50g mass of ...
- chemistry - Calculate the following: (a) mass of water in the hydrate sample (g...
- chemistry - If a 8.6195 g of a mixture which contains (20.0 % of CuSO4.XH2O and ...
- chemistry 11 - Hi, I am stuck on a couple questions in chemistry 11. The ...