Posted by Alyssa on Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 8:38pm.
A circular conducting coil with radius 3.40 cm is placed in a uniform magnetic field of 1.090 T with the plane of the coil perpendicular to the magnetic field. The coil is rotated 180° about the axis in 0.222 s.
(a) What is the average induced emf in the coil during this rotation?
I got 35.7mV and I am almost positive this is right.
(b) If the coil is made of copper with a diameter of 0.900 mm, what is the average current that flows through the coil during the rotation?
I used I=V/R and R=pL/A (where p is resistivity of copper 1.67e-8) and got I 481A but this is not right. Please help!
- Physics - bobpursley, Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 10:01pm
I agree, b is not even close.
Ok, checking A, something is wrong.
V=1/2 turn/.222sec*PI*.034^3*1.09= = 0.00030313086 volts. So recheck your EMF
- Physics - Alyssa, Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 10:16pm
I don't understand what you just did for A.
I used emf=change in flux/change in time
flux = magnetic field*area
according to my book, the answer for A is right. Please explain!
- Physics - Alyssa, Sunday, February 17, 2013 at 11:13pm
So just for the record, the answer for A is right.
For B, when calculating the resistance R, I messed up in regards to the radii. For the length i needed to use r=.034m and for the area r=4.5e-4m. What a silly mistake.
Cheers! and thanks for responding! :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - A circular coil (660 turns, radius = 0.037 m) is rotating in a uniform...
- physics - A circular coil (980 turns, radius = 0.078 m) is rotating in a uniform...
- Physics - need help with this problem :/ A circular coil (980 turns, radius = 0....
- physics - can anyone please help me on this one? A circular coil (980 turns, ...
- Physics - An electric generator contains a coil of 100 turns of wire, each turn ...
- Physics - A coil is made up of 19 square loops with the sides equal to 5.3 cm. ...
- Physics - A 39-turn circular coil of radius 3.20 cm and resistance 1.00 Ω ...
- Physics - A coil of wire with 200 circular turns of radius of 3 cm is in a ...
- Physics - A flat circular coil with 192 turns, a radius of 2.35 x 10-2 m, and a ...
- Physics - A flat circular coil with 193 turns, a radius of 5.50 x 10-2 m, and a ...