Posted by lisa on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 6:01pm.
Is this the correct word for each sentence
1-2. Lynn begged the bank to __ the overdraft charge of thirty dollars, telling them that it would entirely __ her savings.
3-4. In high school, Julio was voted "Most Likely to Become a Psychologist." It was the __ of his classmates that he was the student endowed with the most __ for other people.
5-6. My mother could have stayed in her comfortable __ as part of the secretarial pool, but she was averse to remainingthere. She wanted to __ the limiteds of that job and become an executive herself.
7-8. "On this, our hundredth anniversary celebration," said the company president, "I'd like to __our founder with a toast. He ran the company from top to bottom, doing even such __ jobs as emptying garbage cans. He truly exemplified the values of dedication and hard work."
9-10. Dr. Robert and Dr. Krill practice medicine very differently. Dr. Roberts is __about reading journals and learning new techniques. Conversely, Dr. Krill is more __ and never tries anything new.
- Reading - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 6:04pm
4, 6, 9, 10 are wrong
- Reading - lisa, Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 6:56pm
Is the correct answers
- Reading - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 7:01pm
6 and 10 are still wrong.
- Reading - lisa, Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 8:51pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Lang Atrs - 3. Read the following lines from “Fable for When There’s No Way Out...
- Language Arts - Hello, can someone please check my answers? :) 1. How would you ...
- Business Communication - Indicate whether the underlined words or groups of ...
- English - Write complete sentence if the statement is a complete sentence. Write...
- English - I left out a sentence. I don't know which form is best. 1)I would be ...
- SS - Rohan has 100 dollars that he wants to save in a bank. Bank A offers two ...
- Sentence Completion - Which word best completes this sentence? 1. Although the ...
- Reading - Complete the sentence with the word that is in parenthesis. (fulfill) ...
- math - Three hundred thirty six students of school A and four hundred thirty two...
- Language Arts - Which word in the following sentence is an adjective? Jack ...