Posted by Aquile on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 12:19pm.
A ball is thrown upwards at 15m/s from a window 20 metres above the ground. Find: a)How long the ball the takes to reach the level of the window
b)How much longer it takes to reach the ground?
c)What speed it takes to reach the ground?
- Physics - Henry, Friday, February 15, 2013 at 4:11pm
a. = V = Vo + g*t
Tr = (V-Vo)/g = (0-15)/-9.8 = 1.53 s. =
Tf = Tr = 1.53 s. = Fall time.
T = Tr + Tf = 1.53 + 1.53 = 3.06 s. =
Time to return to window level.
b. H = Vo*t + 0.5g*t^2 = 20 m.
15*t + 4.9t^2 = 20
4.9t^2 + 15t - 20 = 0
Use Quadratic Formula.
T = 1.0 s. To reach Gnd.
c. V^2 = Vo^2 + 2g*h.
V^2 = 15 + 19.6*20 = 392
V = 19.8 m/s.
- Physics - Henry, Friday, February 15, 2013 at 4:20pm
c. V^2 = (15)^2 + 19.6*20 = 617
V = 24.8 m/s.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics Honors - A basketball is thrown horizontally from a window that is 22 ...
- physics - a ball is thrown straight up with a speed of 8.0 m/s from a third-...
- physics - A ball thrown straight up from the ground passes a window 5.6 m up. An...
- physics - A ball is tossed from an upper-story window of a building. The ball ...
- Physics - Ball A is thrown upward from the top of a building and takes 12 s to ...
- physic - Hi! Question:A ball is tossed from an upper-story window of a building....
- Physics urgent pls! - A ball is tossed from an upper-storey window of a building...
- Physics - A ball is tossed from an upper-story window of a building. The ball is...
- Physics - From the window of a building, a ball is tossed from a height y0 above...
- physics - A ball is dropped from an upper floor, some unknown distance above ...