Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 5:39pm.
Medieval Society Assignment
What were three main causes of the need to reform the Church?
The three main causes were:
• Many village priests married and had families. Such marriages were
against Church rulings.
• Bishops sold positions in the Church, a practice called simony.
• Using the practice of lay investiture, kings appointed church bishops.Church reformers believed the Church alone should appoint bishops
How were Muslims linked to the revival of learning in Europe?
Europe had more learning opportunities. Europeans had a new body of knowledge. It included science, philosophy, law, mathematics, and many other fields.
3.Why did Philip II call the Estates-General together?
Philip called the Estates-General together to help increase the royal power against the nobility, and later on the Estates-General would play a key row in overthrowing the French during the French Revolution.
What was the Great Schism?
The Great Schism was when their was two popes, and the church began to split in a division known as the Great Schism. Soon after there were three popes. In 1417 the Council chose a new pope. Which ended The Great Schism.
- World history; Check:P - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 5:50pm
1. -- Be sure to include indulgences.
2. No. Where did Europe's new learning come from?
- World history; Check:P - Unknown, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 6:05pm
2. During the Crusades, European contact with Muslims and Byzantines greatly
expanded. This contact brought a new interest in learning, especially in the works of
Greek philosophers. The Muslim and Byzantine libraries housed copies of these writings.
3.to win wider support against the pope
- World history; Check:P - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 6:07pm
2. Have you answered this question?
3. Nope. Please read the article about the Great Schism.
- World history; Check:P - Unknown, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 6:19pm
I still need help with 2 and 3.
SOrry. I read it but still don't understand.
- World history; Check:P - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 6:30pm
Read this site carefully.
Answer this Question
world history - Select the Japanese figure of the feudal warrior society whose ...
history - Where do I find examples of Medieval Europe and the Christian church ...
world history - ANY LABOR SYSTEMS IN MEDIEVAL CENTRAL AFRICA?
world history - I need to do a persuasive essay for my world history class on ...
world history - How did seamstress dress during Medieval times?
medieval history - how did renaissance and medieval hermeneutics differ, and why...
World History - Describe three ways the Church shaped Medieval life.
World History - In what ways did Islam create the first “world civilization?” ...
world history - Enlightenment philosophers and reformers criticized the great ...
World history - In comparison to medieval culture, Renaissance culture was A. ...