Posted by James on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 11:24pm.
Consider the given function and the given interval.
f(x) = 4 sin x − 2 sin 2x, [0, π]
(a) Find the average value fave of f on the given interval.
(b) Find c such that fave = f(c). (Round your answers to three decimal places.)
c = (smaller value)
c = (larger value)
- calculus - Reiny, Monday, February 11, 2013 at 11:50pm
the average value of the function is
1/(π-0) ∫(4sinx - 2sin 2x)dx from x = 0 to π
= (1/π) [-4cosx + cos 2x] from 0 to π
= (1/π) ( -4cosπ + cos 2π - (-4cos0 + cos0) )
= (1/π)( 4 + 1 - (-4 + 1) )
= (1/π)(8) = 8/π
b) if 4sinx - 2sin 2x = 8/π
2sinx - sin 2x = 4/π
2sinx - 2sinxcosx = 4/π
sinx - sinxcosx = 2/π
nasty equation to solve, I ran it through Wolfram to get
x or c = 1.238224 or c = 2.80812
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - I'm supposed to find the average value of the function over the given...
- calculus multiple choice - 1.The region in the first quadrant bounded by the x-...
- Calculus - Let f be the function given by f(t) = 2št + sin(2št) a) Find the ...
- Last two CALC questions. :) - 8. If f(x) = sin(7 − 5x), find f′(...
- calculus - 3. Given the function defined by y = x + sinx for all x such that -...
- calculus - Calculate the left Riemann sum for the given function over the given ...
- Math - If y = sin−1 x, then sin y = x,−π/2 ≤ y ≤ ...
- Trig - Given sin x = 5/13 and 0 < x < pi/2 find the value of sin(π ...
- math - Eliminate the parameter (What does that mean?) and write a rectangular ...
- Math - Let f(x) = 2x + 1 − sin(x), how many roots does f(x) have in the ...