Posted by jessie on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 9:32pm.
1. Scientists hypothesize that the sun formed ____. (1 point)
less than a billion years ago
from a cloud of gas and dust
less than a million years ago
from a chunk of Jupiter
2. Two of the inner planets are ____. (1 point)
Venus and Saturn
Mars and Venus
Earth and Pluto
Mercury and Jupiter
3. Pluto alters the orbit of which planet? (1 point)
4. Small pieces of rock that enter Earth's atmosphere at speeds of 15 to 70 km/s and burn up are called ____. (1 point)
5. ____ is the largest planet in the solar system, is the fifth planet from the sun, and has colorful clouds. One of its 17 moons is the most volcanically active object in the solar system. The planet has a liquid ocean and an atmosphere comprised mostly of hydrogen and helium. It may have a rocky core, although its extreme pressure and temperature would make the core different from any rock on Earth. (1 point)
6. Water is found as a solid, liquid, and gas on ____. (1 point)
7. Galileo used his telescope to discover evidence for the sun-centered model of the solar system. This evidence included all of the following EXCEPT ____. (1 point)
Venus going through phases
Venus revolving around the sun, not Earth
the discovery of Neptune and Pluto
both a and b
8. A main sequence star becomes a ____ after it uses up the hydrogen in its core. (1 point)
- Astronomy - PsyDAG, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 12:18pm
We do not do your homework for you. Although it might take more effort to do the work on your own, you will profit more from your effort. We will be happy to evaluate your work though.
It would also help to indicate your specific subject in the "School Subject" box, so those with expertise in the area will respond to the question.
- science - Mystory, Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7:08pm
PSYDAG Bro chilll
- science - lamarco, Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 6:23pm
Do your own work
Answer this Question
science - hypothesize- mercury is the closest planet to the sun, yet it does not...
science - HYPOTHESIZE-mercury is the closest planet to the sun , yet it doesn't...
Science - How do Scientists know the Sun is 93 million miles from the Earth? (...
SCIENCE helppp!! - Our sun is what scientists call a "yellow-green star." Does ...
Science - Why is it important for scientists to be open-minded but skeptical? a...
Science - Why do scientists use models of natural systems? a. Scientists use ...
science - Why do scientists use models? a. Scientists use models to learn about ...
Science - Which of the following is an example of how economics can affect ...
science - Scientists believe that Earth's early atmosphere changed in ...
science - what type of spectrum does the sun emit? where does nuclear fusion in ...