Posted by jessie on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 9:32pm.
1. Scientists hypothesize that the sun formed ____. (1 point)
less than a billion years ago
from a cloud of gas and dust
less than a million years ago
from a chunk of Jupiter
2. Two of the inner planets are ____. (1 point)
Venus and Saturn
Mars and Venus
Earth and Pluto
Mercury and Jupiter
3. Pluto alters the orbit of which planet? (1 point)
4. Small pieces of rock that enter Earth's atmosphere at speeds of 15 to 70 km/s and burn up are called ____. (1 point)
5. ____ is the largest planet in the solar system, is the fifth planet from the sun, and has colorful clouds. One of its 17 moons is the most volcanically active object in the solar system. The planet has a liquid ocean and an atmosphere comprised mostly of hydrogen and helium. It may have a rocky core, although its extreme pressure and temperature would make the core different from any rock on Earth. (1 point)
6. Water is found as a solid, liquid, and gas on ____. (1 point)
7. Galileo used his telescope to discover evidence for the sun-centered model of the solar system. This evidence included all of the following EXCEPT ____. (1 point)
Venus going through phases
Venus revolving around the sun, not Earth
the discovery of Neptune and Pluto
both a and b
8. A main sequence star becomes a ____ after it uses up the hydrogen in its core. (1 point)
Astronomy - PsyDAG, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 12:18pm
We do not do your homework for you. Although it might take more effort to do the work on your own, you will profit more from your effort. We will be happy to evaluate your work though.
It would also help to indicate your specific subject in the "School Subject" box, so those with expertise in the area will respond to the question.
science - Mystory, Wednesday, March 13, 2013 at 7:08pm
PSYDAG Bro chilll
science - lamarco, Wednesday, March 20, 2013 at 6:23pm
Do your own work
science - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 9:23am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - Please check my answers? My textbook won't load, so i've had to use ...
- History - How long ago did the first human culture, involving villages and a ...
- PHYSICS - Four billion years ago the Sun’s radiative output was 30% less than it...
- PHYSICS-radiation - Four billion years ago the Sun’s radiative output was 30% ...
- Astronomy - The average distance between the Earth and the Sun is called the ...
- science - If Earth is 149.6 million Kilometers from the sun, or 93 million miles...
- Apex personal finance - Mack opened a CD 10 years ago at an interest rate of 7.8...
- HELP WITH SCIENCE FAST - 1. Most likely, ____ were formed when lava from the ...
- Science - Which of the following statements is true? A. There is more water on ...
- Physics - Half Life Question Check!!! - An ancient rock is found to contain 40Ar...