Posted by Wes on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:00pm.
A rock is dropped from a treetop 19.6 m high, and then,
1.00 s later, a second rock is thrown down. With what
initial velocity must the second rock be thrown if it is to
reach the ground at the same time as the first?
I'm not sure how to find the initial velocity of the thrown rock, since it's not 0
What I have so far:
A= -9.80 m/s^2
I think I've found the final velocity and time of the 1st rock
or final velocity squared = initial velocity(0 m/s)^2 -2(9.80)(-19.6-0)
which is = to -19.6 m/s
Time = 2 seconds
(Vf=Vo-gt, Vf/Vo-g=T, -19.6 m/s /-9.80 m/s^2, 2 seconds
How do I find the initial velocity of a throw object when I know:
T= 2-1 = 1 second
A- /9.80 m/s^2
- physics - Denn, Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 6:56am
Wess, there are 2 cases in this prob:
U nid to find how long the first rock took to hit the ground: use the formular- s=ut+0.5gt^2 where s=19.6m, u=0, t=?
I gor t=1.97s
The second rock took 1.97s-1s to hit the grnd, use same formula & find u
- physics - Wes, Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 3:40pm
Thank you very much!
Answer this Question
- PHYSICS- Please Help :( - A ball is thrown downwards at a velocity of 14m/s from...
- Physics - Example 1: (Rock A) is thrown against a larger stationary rock(Rock B...
- Math - For this problem, a person standing on the edge of a cliff throws a rock ...
- physics - Consider a rock that is thrown off a bridge of height 27 m at an angle...
- Calc - A rock is thrown upwards (vertically) from the ground with an initial ...
- Physics - Two rocks are thrown off the edge of a cliff that is 15.0 m above the ...
- Physics - A rock is thrown vertically from the edge of a cliff that is 500 ft ...
- Physics - A rock is thrown directly upward from the edge of the roof of a ...
- physics - A ball is dropped from a roof to the ground 4.00 m below. Exactly 0....
- algebra - Rock is thrown from the top of a building. The formula h=-16t+234 ...