Posted by Darcy on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 6:38pm.
I need to create a communication model in my speech class. My characters are Scout and Jem (TKAM) I need to write a communication model script. It should have these words in them: Context, message, feedback, channel, Encode, Decode, receiver, sender, paralanguage, interference, proxemics, and a nonverbal symbol). I know all of these words, but I don't know how to make my scene. I need dialogues.
Please Help. I Really need to finish this!! Please HElp!!!
- Speech 09 - Darcy, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 6:47pm
- Speech 09 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 6:51pm
I don't understand. Are Scout and Jem supposed to use those words?
Please try to explain about a communication model and exactly what you are supposed to do.
- Speech 09 - Darcy, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 6:56pm
Ex: If Jem is talking to Scout but Scout is daydreaming then that would be an interference.
This is what I wrote But I need to add some quotes and make it longer and this script that I wrote doesn't make sense. I will read this script and explain how I did my poster. Please Help.
Scout: I am the sender when I speak I use a channel. The channel is my voice. I encode my message to Jem. I will put my word in a sentence so that Jem will understand. In this case message being sent is “ Lets roll in the tire”.
Jem: I then decode the message because I am the receiver. Since I can hear Scout I decode my message through a feedback and I’ll say: “You know I am too big”. If I was using paralanguage instead I would say “ YOU KNOW I AM TOO BIG!”
Scout: I then receive Jem’s feedback and decode it by telling him: “ You can push.” There is no interference to interrupt our communication but if there was it could've been a car passing by or a plane flying over hap.
Jem: I will use a nonverbal symbol to push the tire. Since Scout is rolling in the tire and I am pushing it we must be really close to each other so our proxemics is about 2 to 3 feet away.
- Speech 09 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 6:58pm
That looks like a great start.
- Speech 09 - Darcy, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:00pm
But it should be longer at least 2 min. Is there a ways I can add something else. Like quotes.
- Speech 09 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:25pm
Yes -- some quotes is a good idea.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Speech 09 - I need to create a communication model in my speech class. My ...
- Public speaking - In a world of ____________, communication skills help us to ...
- HEALTH CARE COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES - Traditionally healthcare organizations ...
- Speech 09 - I had to interview someone in my class and write speech about them...
- english - Speech criticism is a simpler form of: A. speech evaluation. B. ...
- english grammar - Johari Window can you use for apply for yourself. The Johari ...
- Speech Class - True or False, Communication can involve language but not speech...
- COM 215 written communication - I need to write an informative message,positive ...
- major parts of speech - select the incorrect statement. a. Major parts of speech...
- 12th grade - I have to write a evaluation on president Obamas speech on 1/27/10...