Posted by Cassie on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 11:49am.
Which one of these doors seeems to be the most promising?
I had to choose between "seem" and "seems" which I know "seems" is correct, but I also had to say what the subject was.
Is it "these" because "doors" was incorrect. Please explain...thanks
Lang. Arts - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 11:58am
The first thing we should do is get rid of the prepositional phrase. Subjects, verbs, and objects are never in prepositional phrases.
Which one seems to be the most promising?
Now do you see the subject?
Lang. Arts - Cassie, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 1:43pm
Lang. Arts - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 2:04pm
Lang. Arts - Cassie, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 2:47pm
Thank you Ms. Sue...I appreciate your time
Lang. Arts - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 2:54pm
You're very welcome, Cassie.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - For question 9, choose the correct verb to complete each ...
- Lang Arts - 9. Which one of these doors _____ the most promising? seem seems 10...
- Lang ARts - I to choose between the word indictment and verdict for the sentence...
- grammar - Multiple Choice. Choose the best answer. 1.The number of spurs (is, ...
- English - Everybody __________ excited today because both a lawyer and a doctor ...
- English - A house down the street and the duplex next door __________ for sale, ...
- Grammar - 1. Choose the sentence that has correct subject-verb agreement. A. ...
- Grammar - Choose the best answer: 1.The number of spurs ( 'is', 'are', 'am') not...
- Lang Arts Debate..PLZ HELP!!! - ok there seems to be a lil confusion. the ...
- US History - 1) How did England's preoccupation with its civil war affect the ...