Posted by AwesomeGuy on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 1:54am.
Solve the trigonometric equations.
2.) COT x SEC X
3.) COS²[(π/2)-x]/COS X
(Note: These mathematical problems are somewhat tricky, but useful for students as of learning how to their fundamental identities. Let's enjoy solving these problems!)
Trigonometry - Reiny, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 7:28am
You have no equations to solve, you probably meant "simplify the expressions"
1. sin^2 x (1/sin^2 x - 1)
= 1 - sin^2 x
= cos^2 x
2. (cosx/sinx) (1/cosx)
3. recall the property of complementary trig ratios, that is...
sin(π/2 - x) = cosx and cos(π/2 - x) = sinx
sec(π/2 - x) = cscx and .....
tan(π/2 - x) = cotx
notice the names:
sine --co-sine or cosine
tangent -- co-tangent or cotangent
secant --- co-secant or cosecant
e.g. sin (90° - 20°) = sin 70° = cos20°
so your question:
= sin^2 x / cosx
= sinx tanx
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Trigonometry - Verify the identities. 1.) SIN[(π/2)-X]/COS[(π/2)-X]=...
- Trigonometry - Verify the identities. 1.) √1-COSθ/1+COSθ= 1+SIN...
- Trigonometry - Hello all, In our math class, we are practicing the trigonometric...
- Trigonometry - I don't understand how I'm supposed set the problem up or what ...
- verifying trigonometric identities - How do I do these problems? Verify the ...
- Trigonometry - How do I evaluate the trigonometric functions of the quadratic ...
- Math - Trigonometry - Verify the following: 1. cos x/(1-sinx)= sec x + tan x 2...
- trig - I do not understand these problems. :S I'd really appreciate the help. ...
- Precalc/Trig - Sorry there are quite a few problems, but I just need to know if ...
- Math please help quick - Which of the following are identities? Check all that ...