Posted by Ji on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 4:36pm.
I am doing a lab and I really need help!
I calculated that my snail traveled as his average speed of .136 cm/s, 1.36m/s, and 4896 m/hr.
Does that sound right?
Also I need help on another thing. My paper says Calculate how long it will take your snail to cross a sidewalk (2m) cross a road (20 m).
How would I figure that out?
It says, use your graph to compare average speed and the speed of an object along a path. Are they always that same? Give evidence by marking on a graph where speed over a 30 second interval is faster or slower than average speed.
What does that even mean???? I'm so confused!
This is due soon!!!!
Thanks so much!
- Science (8th grade) - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 4:46pm
No. Please check to be sure that the snail travels at 0.136 centimeters per second.
0.136 cm/s = 0.000136 m/s
1 hour = 60 * 60 = 3600 seconds
3,600 * 0.000136 = 0.4896 m / hour
- Science (8th grade) - Steve, Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 4:48pm
for part 1, consider that your average jet plane flies at about 600 mph
No way your snail goes 4896 mph.
I'd think that a snail probably travels about 0.136 cm/s
That's what I'd call a snail's pace.
Since that's hard to measure, try seeing how far it travels in 10 seconds.
- Science (8th grade) - Jane, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:45am
You just forgot to include the decimals :) a snail dosen't go over 4000 mph! Use common sense before turning these things in. Once said a turtle went 50 mph on a test,,, silly me
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Science (8th grade) - I still am confused about the snail lab things... Ms. Sue ...
- math - A snail crawled for 40 seconds at an average speed of 15 millimeters per ...
- Physical Science - Hi... well anyways so I am in 7th grade but I'm taking 8th ...
- pyhsics - A man drops a rock off the side of a cliff, and hears it hit the ...
- physics - A snail moved 0.14 m between two cabbages in 3.0 minutes. The average ...
- unified science - 1) a bus drove 65 km/h. how far did it travel in 3 hours? 2) a...
- Mathematics - Hi, Can someone check this for me .. please A tuning fork has a ...
- DISPLACEMENT and VELOCITY - A turtle moves 3.5m [E] in 136 s and then moves 1.7m...
- science - A snail travels 45 cm in 20 min. Its average speed is Answer 2.25 cm/h...
- Science - What is a good science project to do? I am in 8th grade and am ...