Posted by Ji on Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 4:36pm.
I am doing a lab and I really need help!
I calculated that my snail traveled as his average speed of .136 cm/s, 1.36m/s, and 4896 m/hr.
Does that sound right?
Also I need help on another thing. My paper says Calculate how long it will take your snail to cross a sidewalk (2m) cross a road (20 m).
How would I figure that out?
It says, use your graph to compare average speed and the speed of an object along a path. Are they always that same? Give evidence by marking on a graph where speed over a 30 second interval is faster or slower than average speed.
What does that even mean???? I'm so confused!
This is due soon!!!!
Thanks so much!
Science (8th grade) - Ms. Sue, Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 4:46pm
No. Please check to be sure that the snail travels at 0.136 centimeters per second.
0.136 cm/s = 0.000136 m/s
1 hour = 60 * 60 = 3600 seconds
3,600 * 0.000136 = 0.4896 m / hour
Science (8th grade) - Steve, Saturday, February 9, 2013 at 4:48pm
for part 1, consider that your average jet plane flies at about 600 mph
No way your snail goes 4896 mph.
I'd think that a snail probably travels about 0.136 cm/s
That's what I'd call a snail's pace.
Since that's hard to measure, try seeing how far it travels in 10 seconds.
Science (8th grade) - Jane, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:45am
You just forgot to include the decimals :) a snail dosen't go over 4000 mph! Use common sense before turning these things in. Once said a turtle went 50 mph on a test,,, silly me
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science (8th grade) - I still am confused about the snail lab things... Ms. Sue ...
- math - A snail crawled for 40 seconds at an average speed of 15 millimeters per ...
- pyhsics - A man drops a rock off the side of a cliff, and hears it hit the ...
- Physical Science - Hi... well anyways so I am in 7th grade but I'm taking 8th ...
- Science - Identify commonly used lab equipment. (beaker, graduated cylinder, ...
- math - a snail moves along the edge of a triangular lawn ABC from A back to A . ...
- Science - What is a good science project to do? I am in 8th grade and am ...
- 8th grade Science - I need help really bad. What are the three ways that ...
- 8th grade - What is the degree of -5a2b + 4a2 -2b +5 also I need help in finding...
- physics - A snail moved 0.14 m between two cabbages in 3.0 minutes. The average ...