Posted by Tonya on Friday, February 8, 2013 at 9:17pm.
Listed below is the population by state for the 15 states with the largest population. Also included is whether that state's border touches the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, or the Pacific Ocean (coastline).
Rank State Population Coastline
1 California 36,553,215 Yes
2 Texas 23,904,380 Yes
3 New York 19,297,729 Yes
4 Florida 18,251,243 Yes
5 Illinois 12,852,548 No
6 Pennsylvania 12,432,792 No
7 Ohio 11,466,917 No
8 Michigan 10,071,822 No
9 Georgia 9,544,750 Yes
10 North Carolina 9,061,032 Yes
11 New Jersey 8,685,920 Yes
12 Virginia 7,712,091 Yes
13 Washington 6,468,424 Yes
14 Massachusetts 6,449,755 Yes
15 Indiana 6,345,289 No
Note that 5 of the 15 states do not have any coastline. Suppose three states are selected at random. Calculate the probabilities for the following.
(a) None of the states selected have any coastline (Round your answer to 3 decimal places.)
(b) Exactly one of the selected states has a coastline (Round your answer to 2 decimal places.)
(c) At least one of the selected states has a coastline (Round your answer to 3 decimal places.)
- probability - Anonymous, Monday, October 6, 2014 at 11:06am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). Which industries drive Canada's economy? 2). In which...
- History - . Which statement best summarizes New Mexico's population changes ...
- Geography - In what state are you probably located if you can see both the Gulf ...
- math - In 2000 the population of a state was 5 million and growing continuously ...
- geography - 1. In what direction does the Nile River flow? The river flows North...
- Geography - Mexico’s maquiladora program has been a central feature of the U.S./...
- math - ms kim is assigning each student in her class one of the fifty us states...
- geography - Can you check my answers please? 1. List the oceans according to ...
- math - the table below shows the population of four countries for the year 2006 ...
- Math - A rabbit population satisfies the logistic equation dy/dt=2*10^-7y(10^6-y...