Posted by Tonya on Friday, February 8, 2013 at 9:17pm.
Listed below is the population by state for the 15 states with the largest population. Also included is whether that state's border touches the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, or the Pacific Ocean (coastline).
Rank State Population Coastline
1 California 36,553,215 Yes
2 Texas 23,904,380 Yes
3 New York 19,297,729 Yes
4 Florida 18,251,243 Yes
5 Illinois 12,852,548 No
6 Pennsylvania 12,432,792 No
7 Ohio 11,466,917 No
8 Michigan 10,071,822 No
9 Georgia 9,544,750 Yes
10 North Carolina 9,061,032 Yes
11 New Jersey 8,685,920 Yes
12 Virginia 7,712,091 Yes
13 Washington 6,468,424 Yes
14 Massachusetts 6,449,755 Yes
15 Indiana 6,345,289 No
Note that 5 of the 15 states do not have any coastline. Suppose three states are selected at random. Calculate the probabilities for the following.
(a) None of the states selected have any coastline (Round your answer to 3 decimal places.)
(b) Exactly one of the selected states has a coastline (Round your answer to 2 decimal places.)
(c) At least one of the selected states has a coastline (Round your answer to 3 decimal places.)
- probability - Anonymous, Monday, October 6, 2014 at 11:06am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geography (Ms. Sue) - 1). Which industries drive Canada's economy? 2). In which...
- geography - Can you check my answers please? 1. List the oceans according to ...
- Geography - In what state are you probably located if you can see both the Gulf ...
- geography - Name the four oceans in order of size, largest to smallest. My ...
- American History - When did the United States own all the lands from Atlantic ...
- american history - When did the United States own all the lands from Atlantic ...
- geography - Which state capital is east of 90 degrees W longitude: Jackson, ...
- biology - which region produce the most fish A the Indian ocean B the Atlantic ...
- History - . Which statement best summarizes New Mexico's population changes ...
- History Essay - How does this sound so far? It is the introduction to an essay ...