Posted by pradyumna on Friday, February 8, 2013 at 6:38am.
in a rectangular field adjacent sides differ by 17 cm.its diagonal length is 25 cm.find the cost of fencing the field at rs 5 per metre
math - Steve, Friday, February 8, 2013 at 10:36am
s^2 + (s+17)^2 = 25^2
s = 8
The field is 8x17 cm
What a tiny field!
cost is thus 2(8+17)cm * rs5/m * 1m/100cm = rs 2.5
How odd: since a=8,b=17
a+b = √(a^2+b^2)
math - oops - Steve, Friday, February 8, 2013 at 10:39am
My bad. I was thinking of an 8-15-17 triangle.
2(7+25)*5/100 = rs 3.20
math - Steve, Friday, February 8, 2013 at 10:39am
rats! still bad arithmetic
7+17=24, not 25
you fix it
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - A rectangular playing field is 3 times as long as it is wide. its ...
- nhps maths - the area of a rectangular field is 78 square metre.its length is ...
- math - The perimeter of a rectangular field is 300 meters. This field is to be ...
- Math1210 - The perimeter of a rectangular field is 300 meters. This field is to ...
- algebra - The perimeter of a rectangular field is 300 meters. This field is to ...
- Math - the lenght of a rectangular field is thrice its breadth. if the area of ...
- Geometry - A farmer uses 140 ft. of fencing to enclose a rectangular field. if ...
- Math - The length and bredth of a rectangular field are in d ratio 5:3.If the ...
- math - A rectangular field is to be enclosed on four sides with a fence. Fencing...
- Math - The cost of fencing a square field at ₹ 27.50 per metre is ₹...