Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 6:09pm.
1. Rachel, Olivia, and Deon make their own pizzas.
All three pizzas are the same size.
a. Rachel cut her pizza into four equal pieces and ate three pieces. What fraction of the pizza did she eat?
b. Olivia cut her pizza into eight equal pieces and ate five pieces. What fraction of the pizza did she eat?
c. Deon cut his pizza into six equal pieces and ate five pieces. What fraction of the pizza did he eat?
d. Who ate the most pizza? Who ate the least? How do u know?
2. Nora and Zachary made juice smoothies and poured them equally into 2 glasses that are the same size. Nora drank 2/3 of her smoothie. Zachary drank 75% of his. Who drank more of their smoothies? How do u know?
3. Lourdes ate 25% of a sandwich. Mitch ate 50% of a different sandwich. Mitch claims that he ate the same amount as Lourdes.
Please help me i do not get this and please explain.
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 6:16pm
a. What fraction shows 3 out of 4?
b. What fraction shows 5 out of 8?
and so on --
2. 2/3 = 66.7%
3. Were their sandwiches the same size?
- math - PsyDAG, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 6:16pm
We do not do your homework for you. Although it might take more effort to do the work on your own, you will profit more from your effort. We will be happy to evaluate your work though.
- math - Anonymous, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:08pm
d deon ate the most
2 Zachary drank more
3 I do not know
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:13pm
The only possible answer for 3 is that Lourdes' sandwich was larger than Mitch's.
- math - Anonymous, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:24pm
- math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 7:34pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- fractions - If I have three pizzas all the same size and one pizza is cut into ...
- math - kate cut a pizza into fourths. karl cut a pizza of the same size into ...
- Math - At Shannons birthday Kira ate 3 pieces, Brazdley ate 2,Shauna ate 4, and ...
- Math - 19 students share 6 pizzas each need equal portions how much will each ...
- math - Mrs walkers ordered 10 pizza's for a party . Each pizza is cut into 8 ...
- Math - If you ordered two pizzas for dinner Friday. Date ate 3/4 of one pizza, ...
- Math - Julio ordered towo pizzas for dinner Friday. Dad ate 3/4 of one pizza, ...
- math - if there were 28 students 2 teachers and 12 invited guests and each pizza...
- 4th grade math - If you ordered two pizzas for dinner Friday. Dad ate 3/4 of one...
- marh - Martina and Charlotte are sharing a pizza. The pizza is cut into eight ...