Posted by Someone on Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 2:47pm.
1. When you summarize an informational article, you should (1 point)
leave out minor details.
use the author's words, including direct quotations.
leave out important details.
include as much information as possible.
2. Why might a scientist choose to categorize scientific information in a summary? (1 point)
to help readers relate a scientific topic to their own lives
to give readers a quick way to understand a complex subject
to offer readers a chance to voice their own opinions
to pose questions for futher scientific research
3. Which of the following statements about action and linking verbs is true? (1 point)
An action verb is a something that can be done.
A linking verb connects the subject of a sentence with a noun, descriptive word, or phrase.
Some verbs can be either action or linking verbs depending on how they are used in a sentence.
all of the above
4. Which of the following verbs is an action verb? (1 point)
5. Which type of verb appears in the following sentence?
Hawaiian pizza always tastes good to me. (1 point)
action verb (physical)
action verb (mental)
Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - Writeacher, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 3:34pm
I disagree with you on #1. I agree with you on #s 2, 3, and 5.
I think #4 isn't a good question because the first three of those verbs are action verbs. The fourth can be action or linking, depending on the context.
Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - Someone, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 4:01pm
Well for 1, I was going for either A or D, but I went with D.
4, and action verb would have to include action wouldn't it?
Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - Someone, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 4:06pm
#4 was correct, I got 100%, thanks for your help. :-)
Just some LA q's, Ms.Sue please - andre, Thursday, September 5, 2013 at 10:47am
so what was the answer
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - if there are choices like (minor, major) or (major, minor) (topic, ...
- English - in a paragraph......details grow out of the major details and also ...
- Landuage Arts - Can you give me a 40 minute lesson plan on themes, patterns and ...
- Written Analysis - I would really appreciate help with a paper i'm having mental...
- Using souces and avoiding plagirism - Question 4 What is a summary? a brief ...
- Grammar - Students are often confused about the use of the words good and well ...
- 7th grade math correct 2 and help 1 - 6. The bill at a restaurant is $58.50, and...
- com-155 - Students are often confused about the use of the words good and well ...
- Using souces and avoiding plagirism - 12.Which of the following is incorrect? ...
- ANT101 - It is okay to use as many direct quotations as you want in a post/...