Posted by Prisca on Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 1:28pm.
The concentration of k ions inside the nerve cell is about 20 times greater than concentration of these ions outside the nerve cell.what potential difference between outside and inside of the cell would you expect to measure if ths was only due to the concentration difference of potassium ions?
Bio/Biochem/Chem - Devron, Friday, February 8, 2013 at 2:50am
Use the Nernst equation:
Science - Prisca, Friday, February 8, 2013 at 5:45am
Mind illustrating how??
Bio/Biochem/Chem - Devron, Friday, February 8, 2013 at 5:10pm
Okay, I am assuming that this is at 25º C
Science - Prisca, Sunday, February 10, 2013 at 10:17am
Thank u so much:)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- General Chem - The concentration of potassium ions inside a nerve cell is around...
- science - 1. What allows a cell to stockpile substances in greater ...
- science - 1. What allows a cell to stockpile substances in greater concentration...
- biology - 1. What allows a cell to stockpile substances in greater concentration...
- college Chemistry - If [K+] inside a cell is 25 times greater than a [K+] ...
- ap biology - 10 . Which one of the following statements is NOT true about the ...
- Bio - In order to maintain homeostasis, human cells must have a higher ...
- Functions/Logarithims - Energy is needed to transport a substance from outside a...
- chemistry - I did a lab using an electrochemical cell to establish a ...
- Chemistry - You discover a new cell type that contains measurable amounts of ...