Posted by Anonymous on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 11:26pm.
Median family income in country x between 1990 and 1999 can be modeled by f(x)=1144.7(x-1990)+35,834 where x is the year. Determine the median income was $42,303.
I did it this way don't know if it's right
42,303-35,834 = 1144.7 - (x-1990) + 35,834
6469. 1144 7 - (x-1990). 35,834
The median income was $1144.7 every year
Thanks for all your help:-)
- college algebra - Steve, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 11:53am
The question was:
Determine when the median income was $42,303
Your answer does not fit the question. You started off right (I think). The posting is sort of garbled.
42303 = 1144.7(x-1990) + 35834
1144.7(x-1990) = 42303-35834
1144.7(x-1990) = 6469
x-1990 = 5.65
x = 1995.65
so, in late August 1995 the median income will be 42303.
You are sort of correct. The median income rises 1144.70 every year.
Since 42303 is 6469 more than the starting value of 35384, it takes 5.65 years to rise enough to reach the target value.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college algebra - Median family income in country x between 1990 and 1999 can be...
- calculus - I solved this problem, can someone check it to make sure I did it ...
- algebra - The table show the median home prices in Florida what is the equation ...
- chemistry - Using the equations and enthalpy values provided, which mathematical...
- Math - From 1990 to 2006, the population, p (in millions), of a large city can ...
- Algebra - For 1980 through 1990, the average weekly earnings (in dollars)for ...
- Math - The population of Winnemucca Nevada can be modeled by P=6191(1.04)^t ...
- math - the increasing global temperature can be modeled by I=0.1e^(0.02t) where ...
- math - Economicsts frequenly use linear models as approximations fpr more ...
- MATH urgent!!! - My problem: From 1992 to 1996, the annual income for all the ...