Posted by Louis on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 10:51pm.
1 litre can of paint covers 11m squared. How many cans of paint would you need to cover a perfectly square ceiling that has a side length of 5.2 m?
If paint caosts $29.95 per can and there is a 12% tax. How much would it cost to paint the ceiling?
Math - Louis, Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 10:57pm
Hold it! im going to try this myself but i want someone to check if i did it right:
5.2 x 5.2 = 27.04
11 x 3= 33
You would need 3 cans of paint.
27.04 x 3 = 81.12
ok now im stuck... how do you do this part::If paint caosts $29.95 per can and there is a 12% tax. How much would it cost to paint the ceiling?
Math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 10:58pm
5.2 * 5.2 = 27.04 square meters
27.04 / 11 = 2.46 = 3 cans of paint
(3 * 29.95) * 1.12 = ?
Math - Louis, Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 11:02pm
OOPS oh so is this how you do it:: 29.95 x 3= 89.85x 1.12 = $100.632
i just have one question: where did the 1.12 come from?
Math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, February 7, 2013 at 11:11am
1.12 = 112%
Math - Adeel, Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 2:23am
Nope it would be 1.12=12%
if you are going to follow this way
29.95 x 0.12=3.594
so look here 29.95 + 3.594=33.544
29.95 x 1.12 =33.544
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- TO MS SUE - REMEMBER WHEN I POSTED THIS QUESTION. 1 litre can of paint covers ...
- math question grade 8!! - shelby wants to paint the walls and ceiling of a ...
- Math - lisa wants to paint the ceiling of her restaurant.The ceiling is in the ...
- Math - Jayce wants to paint her room Duke Blue.Her room is 12 ft long ,12 ft ...
- Math - Kaylee,a residential builder,is working on a paint bugit for a custom ...
- Math - mr.gram is going to paint his rocket . the paint he selected is $20 per ...
- Math - If a room is 13 feet long and 12 feet wide. The ceiling is 8 ft high. I ...
- Geometry - A gallon of paint costs $20 and covers 465 square feet. Three coats ...
- geometry - sam must paint his bedroom ceiling. the diagram below represents his ...
- math - the triangular sail on a sailboat has a base of 4 feet and height of 6 ...