Posted by Corie on Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 10:44am.
A courtyard is shaped like a square with 250-ft-long sides. What is the distance from one corner of the courtyard to the opposite corner? Round to the nearest tenth.
can someone show me how to do this?
- math - drwls, Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 11:03am
The diagonal of a square is sqrt2 times the length of a side. You can prove that with the Pythagorean theorem.
Sqrt2 = 1.4142
250 x sqrt2 = 353.6
- math - Corie, Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 11:19am
thanks. could you show me how to do another one?
- math - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, February 6, 2013 at 11:32am
Suppose each side of the square is 100 feet long.
Use the Pythagorean Theorem.
a^2 + b^2 = c^2
100^2 + 100^2 = c^2
1,000 + 1,000 = c^2
2,000 = c^2
44.72 = c
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - Darla is building a new deask. to make sure she had made a square ...
- Maths - A courtyard is in the shape of a rectangle of length 11.2 and 7.2 ...
- algesebra - Darla is buildig a new desk. To make sure she made a square corner...
- Physics 1112 Electric charge - As shown in the figure, a square has sides of 8.0...
- Physics - In the rectangle in the drawing, a charge is to be placed at the empty...
- Calculus - Engr. Ramos is walking at the rate of 5m/sec along the diameter of of...
- Math - Darla is building a desk. To make sure she had made a square corner, she ...
- Geometry - I have a parallelogram with sides AB and CD each 36' long and sides ...
- math - If a room is 13 feet wide and 18 feet long, how many feet is it from one ...
- physics - In the rectangle in the drawing, a charge is to be placed at the empty...