Posted by Jake on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 12:51am.
find the derivatives of the given functions.
- calc - Steve, Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 5:20am
Is that √ everything, or
√(t(1+t)) / t^2, or
- calc - Steve, Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 5:39am
Ah, I see from a prior post, we have
g(t) = √t (1+t)/t^2
you can expand that to be
g(t) = t^(-3/2) + t^(-1/2)
so the derivative is trivial:
g'(t) = -3/2 t^(-5/2) - 1/2 t^(-3/2)
= -(3+t) / (t^2 √t)
or you can use the product rule to get
g'(t) = 1/2√t (1+t)/t^2 + √t (1)/t^2 - 2√t (1+t)/t^3
= (1+t)/2t^2√t + 2t/2t^2√t - (4+4t)/2t^2√t
- calc - find the typo - Steve, Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 5:40am
find the typo so the two solutions agree!
- calc - Jake, Tuesday, February 5, 2013 at 9:16am
agree thank you steve
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus - find the derivatives of the given functions. g(t)=sqrt t(1+t)/t^2 ...
- calc - Find the derivatives of the following functions using the differentiation...
- Calculus - Find the sum and difference functions f + g and f – g for the ...
- Calculus - Find the outside and inside functions of the following to find their ...
- Calc - Can anyone help me find the derivative of these functions? y = x^2x y = x...
- calc - Verify that the function satisfies the three hypotheses of Rolle's ...
- Calc 2 - How to find Cross Section Area given x=5 x=-5 y= sqrt(25-x^2) y= -sqrt(...
- math-Inverse functions - f(x)=-4x-2 & g(x)=5x-6. Find (f*g) and state domain. f(...
- Calc - Find an expression for the function whose graph is the given curve. The ...
- Check my CALCULUS answers please! - Any short explanation for things I got ...