Posted by Megan on Monday, February 4, 2013 at 4:48pm.
(-32)-s (-9) I am not good at algebra. I am supposed to use the distributive property, but not sure where to begin.
math - Steve, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 4:56pm
I don't either, as written
distributive problems usually involve a product of a number and a sum, or the product of two sums
6(3+7) = 6*3 + 6*7 = 60
4(s-3) = 4s - 4*3 = 4s-12
what you have shown above is bogus.
math - Megan, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 5:02pm
It was supposed to be (-32-s)(-9). I copied it wrong, Sorry Steve!
math - Steve, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 5:07pm
In that case
(-32)(-9) + (-s)(-9) = 288 + 9s
or, you can distribute the -1 out:
-(32+s)(-9) = -(-288-9s) = 288+9s
math - Megan, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 5:12pm
Thank u. Can you also help me at -19 (v-1)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Distributive Property Algebra - I have two questions I don't understand and I ...
- algebra mental math distributive property - find each product mentally using ...
- Distributive property - How would I multiply these expression? 6(h-4) -3(x+8) -...
- algebra 2 - It says to: Use the Distributive Property to show that the following...
- Algebra - 1. Use the Distributive Property to simplify the expression. (-1) (4-c...
- Algebra - 1. Use the Distributive Property to simplify the expression. (-1)(4-c...
- math - Write an algebraic expression that requires each of the following ...
- Math-Distributive Property - Use the distributive property to simplify: 3(m-1)-(...
- Algebra/Distributive Properties - Solve these fraction equations: 2/3 - 8/9 = c/...
- Algebra - "Using distributive, associative, or commutative property, prove that ...