Posted by anon on Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2:24pm.
In a water pistol, a piston drives water through a larger tube of radius 1.00 cm into a smaller tube of radius
(a) If the pistol is fired horizontally at a height of 1.5m, use ballistics (2-D projectile motion) to determine the
time it takes water to travel from the nozzle to ground. (Neglect air resistance and assume atmospheric
pressure of 1 atm.)
(b) If the range of the stream is 8.00m, with what speed must the stream leave the nozzle?
(c) Given the areas of the nozzle and the cylinder, use the equation of continuity to calculate the speed with
Which the plunger must be moved.
(d)What is the pressure at the nozzle?
(e)Use Bernoulli’s equation to find the pressure in the larger cylinder. Can gravity terms be neglected?
(f) Calculate the force that must be exerted on the trigger on the trigger to achieve the desired range. (The
Force that must be exerted is due to the pressure above atmospheric pressure.)
physics - Writeacher, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2:26pm
Wow! 10 posts in 8 minutes!! You must be taking a test.
If you repost these WITH YOUR ATTEMPTS AT SOLUTIONS INCLUDED, they won't be removed.
physics - anon, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 2:31pm
ive been sick so i missed a few classes and im not sure whats going on in my class these are my homework problems im trying to keep up
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - it didn't let me put the link to image.. A tube of radius 5 cm is ...
- Physics - A constricted horizontal tube of radius r(1)=4.00 cm tapers to a tube ...
- physics - In a machine, an ideal fluid with a density of 0.9*10^3 kg/m^3 and a ...
- physics - Search: the ratio of the inlet pistol force and outlet pistol force is...
- physics - Placing a tube, with a radius of .30 cm, vertically into a barrel with...
- Physics - In a hydraulic lift, if the radius of the smaller piston is 2 cm and ...
- science - the ratio of the inlet pistol force and outlet pistol force is 2:7....
- Physics - A hydraulic lift consists of a platform that is supported by a ...
- AP PHYSICS - A hydraulic lift consists of a platform that is supported by a ...
- physics - (c) Tube (c) is again filled with water. A1 and A2 are the same as in ...