Posted by Map of south africa on Monday, February 4, 2013 at 12:41pm.
How many kilometres on the ground is 3 cm distance on the map of south africa
Inkambeni p school - Ms. Sue, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 1:12pm
That depends upon the map you're seeing.
Inkambeni p school - Reiny, Monday, February 4, 2013 at 1:25pm
As Ms Sue said, it depends on the scale on your map
Usually at the bottom of your map you will see something like this
1 : 100 000
What that means is that for each unit on the map you would have 100 000 of the same units in real life
e.g for the above scale
1 cm on the map would be
100 000 cm in reality
= 1000 m
= 1 km
so for a scale of 1 : 100000
1 cm ---> 1 km
Inkambeni p school - Sikelela sotyatho, Thursday, February 28, 2013 at 2:27pm
The distance on ground between two places that are 7cm apart on the south africa
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies (MAPS) - Given a scale of 1:24,000 A. What is the ground distance...
- Math - Ratio - A map scale is 1:10,000. Find the actual distance in centimetres ...
- geology - 1. Given the map, the seismograms, the sp graph and the nomogram below...
- maths - 1. If a map has a scale of 1cm to 30km, what distance would 1mm ...
- Goegraphy - What is the distance on the ground between two places that are 7cm ...
- MICRO ECONOMICS - You have been allocated an investment budget of $100 million U...
- Social studies - In which order (first to last) were the following countries ...
- social studies - In which order (first to last) were the following countries ...
- geography - One inch on a map represents 800 miles. It is 3 1/2 inches on the ...
- Measurements and applications - Given that 50mm on a map represents 4km on the ...