Posted by Isis on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:30pm.
1.) A car (m=1200 kg) moves form 2.0 m/s to 15.0 m/s in 100 m.
a) What is the initial kinetic energy of the car?
b) What is the final kinetic energy of the car?
c) what is the net work applied to the car?
d) what force is applied to the car?
2.) A simple pendelum is 1.5 m long and has 3.0 kg bob attached.
a) how much work was done by the chain to pull the car to the top?
b) how much potential energy does it have to the top?
c) what is the total energy of the system?
d) how much kinetic energy does it have at the bottom?
>> FORMULAS <<
KE= 1/2 v^2 (kinetic energy)
PE=mgh (potential energy)
W= Fd (work equals force and distance)
~please help me!
- Physics ~please help me! - Damon, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:50pm
a) (1/2) m v^2 = .5 * 1200 * 4 = 2,400 Joules
b) (1/2) m v^2 = .5 * 1200 *225 = 135,000 Joules
c) 135,000 - 2,400 = 132,600 Joules
d) Force * distance = 132,600
100 F = 132,600
F = 1,326 Newtons
- Physics car is typo? What is "top" ? , what chain? me! - Damon, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:52pm
how far do you lift the bob, up to horizontal? up to top ?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - I need help understanding these, please. Thanks! 1. A 2 kg body moves ...
- Physics - A 1200 kg car is moving on the freeway at 65 mph. (A) find the ...
- Physics - A 5.36 kg object falls freely (ignore air resistance), after being ...
- physics - Let a force of 1500 Newtons act through a distance of 200 meters on a ...
- physics - A car is moving such that its kinetic energy is 2.20×105 J. The car ...
- physics - An experimental flywheel, used to store energy and replace an ...
- physics - A car has a flywheel ( a diks of R=0.2m and uniformly distributed mass...
- physics - work & energy homework problems: please help me =] my teacher is bad a...
- Physics(Please respond) - 1) A roller coaster (398 kg) moves from A (3.82 m ...
- Physics - A roller-coaster car with a mass of 650 kg starts at rest from a point...