Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:29pm.
1. Why is the agreement in the following sentence incorrect?
Neither of the cakes are very expensive. (1 point)
The verb should agree with cakes, which is a plural noun.
The verb should agree with cakes, which is a singular noun.
The verb should agree with neither, which is a plural indefinite pronoun.
The verb should agree with neither, which is a singular indefinite pronoun.
The following question is about the poem “The market economy.”
2. The poet communicates the main idea by using (1 point)
images and emotionally charged words.
The following question is about the poem “We Real Cool.”
3. Alliteration, or repeated consonant sounds, is used in this poem to (1 point)
compare beginning and ending sounds.
create a flowing, repetitive rhythm.
make the reader pause on each line.
rhyme the end of each line.
4. Which reference can help you find synonyms and antonyms for words? (1 point)
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:35pm
I'll be glad to check your answers to the other three questions.
English - Anonymous, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:40pm
2.images and emotionally charged words
3.creating a flowing repetitive time
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:49pm
I agree with your answers.
English - Anonymous, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:52pm
English - Ms. Sue, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 4:56pm
English - TSwiftRocksMyWorld, Friday, February 7, 2014 at 3:36pm
Ms. Sue is Right. The first one is neither is a singular indefinite pronoun. The last one.
English - M <3 J, Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 2:09pm
Thanks guys I all of the answers right
English - Someone, Tuesday, May 6, 2014 at 9:16am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. Why is the agreement in the following sentence incorrect? Neither ...
- maths - there are 7 children standing in a line ,not all of whom have the same ...
- math - There are ten children standing in the line, not all of whom have the ...
- Math - The baker made 258 cakes.100 cakes were bought of a party.how many cakes ...
- homework math - For every 20 cakes ordered from Barry's Bakery, 8 cakes ordered ...
- English - Can you explain to me how this sentence uses cakes instead of cake? ...
- business math - The flour power bakery makes 200 cherry cheese cakes at a cost ...
- Subject Verb agreement. - Which of the following sentences does illustrate ...
- MATH HELP PLEASE !! - Lexi works in a bakery that bakes 500 cakes each day. When...
- English - 1. What do you think the judge did? He made the greedy baker hear the ...