Posted by Lisa on Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 7:43pm.
A standard 1.000kg- mass is to be cut from a bar of steel having an equilateral triangular cross section with sides equal to 3.00in. The density of the steel is 7.70g/cm^3.
How many inches long must the section of bar be?
- Chem Help!! - bobpursley, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 8:43pm
where area=sqrt(s(s-a)^3) s=half perimeter=(3in*2.54cm/in)*3/2
- Chem Help!! - Lisa , Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 9:33pm
- Chem Help!! - Greg , Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 9:46pm
How many inches is the section of the bar
- Chem Help!! - Devron, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 10:33pm
I'm not sure that I understand what you did, but this is what I did.
1kg=1 x10^3 g
Volume =mass/density= (1 x10^3 g/7.70g/cm^3)= 130cm^3
Since in a equilateral triangle all sides are equal and since volume = cm*cm*cm or l*w*h
Converting to inches
5.06cm*(1in/2.54)= 2 inches/side
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - A steel bar 3.6m long is in the form of a triangular prism.its section ...
- Slsu - A piece of steel bar 29 7/8inches long was cut from a steel bar of 6 feet...
- Physics - Steel is very stiff, and the Young's modulus for steel is unusually ...
- Physics - The composite bar BCD in the figure is fixed at the wall B (x=0), and ...
- strength of materials - The composite bar BCD in the figure is fixed at the wall...
- CHEM - Factors which effect reaction rates. 1) Concentration 2) Temperature 3) ...
- mechanics - The change in length of a steel wire under an applied load can be ...
- mechanics of materials - The change in length of a steel wire under an applied ...
- mechanics of materials - Select the correct answer.The change in length of a ...
- Physics mit 2.01x - F13Q1_1: COMPOSITE BAR UNDER DISTRIBUTED LOADING The ...