Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 7:39pm.
Consider the standardization of a solution of K2Cr2O7 with iron metal according to the following:
Reaction: Fe + Cr2O7-2 → Fe +3 + Cr+3a.
How many grams of K2Cr2O7 are required to prepare 500 ml of a 0.13 N solution?
What is the exact normality of the solution prepared in part a if 0.1376 g of iron metal were exactly reacted with 48.56 ml of the solution?
- Analytical Chemisty - Devron, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 10:50pm
0.13N= # of equivalents/500 x10^-3 L, solving for # of equivalents
# of equivalents in 0.13N=(0.13N)(500 x 10^-3L)
# of equivalents in 0.13N= g of solute/49.03g, solve for grams of solute,
(49.03g, solve )*(# of equivalents in 0.13N)= g of solute
- Analytical Chemisty - Devron, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 11:23pm
I'm not sure if you are asking for the normality of Fe, but if you are use
NV=NV, and solve for N
N=[(500x10^-3 l)(0.13N)]/48.86 x 10^-3 L
Hopefully Dr.Bob222 checks this and corrects it if it is wrong.
- analytical chemisty - DrBob222, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 12:10am
Cr2O7^2- ==> 2Cr^3+ + 6e
mL x N x m.e.w. = grams.
500 mL x 0.13 x (294.18/6000) = grams = about 3.2 grams K2Cr2O7.
I won't do b for you; Fe doesn't react with Cr2O6^2-. With Fe^2+ yes but not Fe metal.
- analytical chemisty - Devron, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 12:56am
Okay, my setup was correct then. I just didn't show how I got 43.09g.
B is what I was worried about!!!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Analytical chemisty - How many grams of K2Cr2O7 are required to prepare 500 ml ...
- Analytical chemistry - an 0.5031 gram sample of iron ore is determined through ...
- chemistry - The amount of Fe in a 2.0008 g sample of an iron ore was determined ...
- chemistry - Iron(II) can be oxidized by an acidic K2Cr2O7 solution according to ...
- Chemistry - Which atom has a change in oxidation number of –3 in the following ...
- Analytical chemistry - A 5ml portion of table wine was diluted to 100 ml in a ...
- Analytical Chemistry - A 10.0 mL sample of whiskey was diluted to 500.0 mL. A 4....
- Chemistry - I have a test tommorow and I forgot how to do this: Caculate mass ...
- chemisty - Consider the following unbalanced equation between copper(I) ions and...
- chemistry - the amount of K2Cr2O7 required to prepare 100ml of its 0.05N ...