Posted by centya on Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 9:26am.
the mRNA squence below is shown along with the polypeptide which would be produced when it is translated .what polypeptide would be produced if the fifth base in the mRNA sequence shown had been changed to A as result of a mutation in the DNA from which the mRNA wa transcribed ?
AUG UGU AAU GGG
Met Cys Asn Gly
fill in the boxes to show the new amino acid sequence using the abbreviated form of each one
Biology - Writeacher, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 9:55am
Since Jiskha doesn't have a biology expert at this time, please try posting your question at this site.
biology help plz????????????????? - Devron, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 10:29am
Original mRNA strand: AUG UGU AAU GGG
Mutated mRNA strand:AUG UA*U AAU GGG
*mutated RNA base
1.Met 2.Cys 3.Asn 4.Gly
1.Met 2.Tyr 3.Asn 4.Gly
biology help plz????????????????? - Devron, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 10:51am
I am not Jiskha's bio expert, but I have a little bit of experience in the area.
I hope this helps.
biology help plz????????????????? - Anonymous, Saturday, February 2, 2013 at 11:33am
thanks for ur help
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - The production of a polypeptide involves the correct sequencing of ...
- biology - I have been given a DNA nucleotide sequence and have established the ...
- biology - Which of the following is NOT true of transcription / translation ...
- biology - Given below is the sequence of the mRNA ready for Translation" 5' - ...
- Biology - The base sequence of the gene coding for a short polypeptide is ...
- biology - DNA codes for mRNA, which is then translated into polypeptides,which ...
- Biology - The human gene for the production of lactose is on chromosome 2. The ...
- Biology - Does it matter which strand is the 'code strand'? The following two ...
- Science - The following DNA sequence represents a eukaryotic gene. Indicate ...
- ap biology - The first step in making a protein is transcription of a gene. This...