Posted by Deborah on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 6:22pm.
7. | 3x - 2 | = 8 and | x + 1 | = 1
What value of x satisfies both equations above?
please show your work. I do notunderstand this.
Algebra-help - Steve, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 6:59pm
If |x+1| = 1,
x+1 is either 1 or -1, so
x = 0 or -2
Does either of those values satisfy the other equation?
Algebra-help - Deborah, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 7:54pm
no they don't..I thought these were easy normally - feeling confused
Algebra-help - Deborah, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 8:23pm
Steve is it no solution?
Algebra-help - Steve, Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:43pm
Did you try the values?
|3x-2| = |3*0-2| = |-2| = 2
|3x-2| = |3(-2)-2| = |-6-2| = |-8| = 8
This is the solution.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra - The value of a certain two-digit number is eight times he sum of its ...
- algebra - The cariable x satisfies the equation 3^x.4^(2x+1)=6^(x+2). By taking ...
- College Algebra - Please help! x-2y+z=7 2x+y-z=0 3x+2y-2z=-2 a. Solve the above ...
- mat 117/algebra - Find a value for k so the 9m^2-kn^2 will have the factors 3m...
- college algebra--need help please!! - solve the equation in the real number ...
- college algebra, Please help!! - use the intermediate value theorem to show that...
- Algebra 2 - Michaela is solving rational equations. A. What is the solution set ...
- Algebra 2 - Solving Systems of Equations in Three Variables: 3x+3y-z=-3 -2x-3y+...
- Algebra 2 - Solving Systems of Equations in Three Variables: 3x+4y+z=1 x+3y-z=-2...
- Algebra - Solve. Please show the algebraic inequality you used and show all of ...