Posted by Mona on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 5:48pm.
Find KN and LM. In triangle LKM, angle L is bisected. Line segment LK is 11, line segment KN is x-4, line segment NM is 5.4, and line segment LM is 2x + 1.3
(there is a drawing of this triangle)
- Geometry-8th gr - Reiny, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 7:40pm
I assume the bisector of angle L is LN where N is on KM
In the Post
I proved for you , and Steve called it, the angle bisector theorem
In this case:
KL/KN = LM/MN
11/(x-4) = (2x+1.3)/5.4
2x^2 - 6.7x - 5.2 = 59.4
2x^2 - 6.7x - 64.6 = 0
20x^2 - 67x - 646 = 0
x = (67 ± √56169)/40
= 7.6 or a negative which will not work in 2x+1.3
KN = x-4 = 7.6 - 4 = 3.6
LM = 2x+1.3 = 15.2 + 1.3 = 16.5
LK/KN = 11/3.6 = 55/18
LM/MN = 16.5/5.4 = 55/18
- Geometry-8th gr - Mona, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 9:51pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry - Find KN and LM. In triangle LKM, angle L is bisected. Line segment LK...
- Geometry-8th gr - The perimeter of triangle ABC is 120. LIne segment BD bisects...
- Geometry - Yes, I'm this desperate. I just have problems with coming up with the...
- 7th grade math - Quadrilateral WXYZ os describes below. Line segment WX is ...
- geometry - A triangle is formed where line segment AC and line segment BC have ...
- geometry - Given: M is the midpoint of line segment PQ and line segment RS. ...
- Geometry - Theorem: A line parallel to one side of a triangle divides the other...
- geometry - in triangle PQR,line segment PQ is = and congruent to line segment QR...
- Geometry - Please write a paragraph proof for this statement. Point Y is the ...
- Geometry - Please write a paragraph proof for this statement. 30: Point Y is the...