Posted by Mona on Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:11pm.
Given: triangle ABC ~ triangle PQR, m<A = 75 degrees, m<P = (5x + 7y) degrees, m<R = (3x + 4y) degrees, and m<B =( 2x + 9y) degrees. FInd m<R.
- Geometry -8th gr - Reiny, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 2:02pm
very similar to the one I did for you yesterday.
draw the two triangles and fill in the information.
5x + 7y = 75 ---- equation #1
In triangle AC
angle C = 180 - 75 - 2x - 9y
= 105 - 2x - 9y
3x+4y = 105 - 2x - 9y
5x + 13y = 105 --- #2
subtract #2 - #1
6y = 30
y = 5
back into #1
5x + 35 = 75
5x = 40
so if x=8 and y=5
angle R = 3x+4y = 24+20 = 44°
check: 5x + 7y should be 75
5(8) + 7(5) = 75 , yeahhh
- Geometry -8th gr - Mona, Friday, February 1, 2013 at 5:24pm
Okay, I get it now:)...thanks.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Geometry-8th gr - Can you please help me with this question? 1.) Given: triangle...
- Geometry - Given triangle PQR with m<P=(5x+10) degrees m<Q=(3x+18) degrees...
- Math - 1. Find the value of Sin^-1(-1/2) a. -30 degrees b. 30 degrees c. 150 ...
- geometry - triangle ABC is isosceles with AC = BC and <ACB = 106 degrees. ...
- Geometry - Please answer at least one . PLEASE 1. Triangle XYZ has a right ...
- Geometry - In triangle PQR, we have <P = 30 degrees, <Q = 60 degrees, and...
- Math please help - In triangle PQR, we have <P = 30 degrees, <Q = 60 ...
- geometry - Given AB is perpendicular to BC <ABO= (2x + y)degrees <OBC= (6x...
- Geometry - A right triangle has exterior angles at each of its acute angles ...
- math test review - 18. In triangle ABC, m<C=2m<b,m<A=6m<B. what is ...