Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 8:51pm.
Oxygen moves easily out of blood capillaries into cells because ___________. (1 point)
the walls are very thin
because it is very small
because other gases push it out
cells need the oxygen
Which of the following statements is false? (1 point)
Arteries carry blood away from the heart.
Veins carry blood back to the heart.
Capillaries and arteries are similar in size.
Blood travels from arteries to capillaries.
The blood is transported to the left side of the heart from the ________ through the ___________ . (1 point)
body; pulmonary artery
body; vena cava
lungs; pulmonary vein
______________ takes blood from the heart to the lungs and back again, while ____________ takes blood to and from tissues of the heart. (1 point)
Systemic circulation; coronary circulation
Pulmonary circulation; coronary circulation
Coronary circulation; systemic circulation
Systemic circulation; pulmonary circulation
Blood is transported to the lungs through the __________ to collect __________ and remove _____________ . (1 point)
vena cava; carbon dioxide; oxygen
pulmonary artery; oxygen; carbon dioxide
pulmonary vein; nitrogen; oxygen
aorta; gas; water
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- ??/ - 1. Oxygen moves easily out of blood capillaries into cells because ...
- science - pick two systems in the body and explain how they interact interact ...
- science: cells - 1~ What do red blood cells do and is there anything ...
- science - 2. Which of the following is responsible for carrying nutrients to and...
- HELP PLSS SCIENCE - 2. Which of the following is responsible for carrying ...
- Science - Getting Oxygen 1) Name the components of the respiratory system in the...
- Health - Why does the blood returning to the heart have very little oxygen in ...
- Science - 1. Which of the following best summarizes the function of the ...
- Science - The Body's Transport System 1) Which of the following is not a ...
- Living a Healthy Life - Blood pressure is a measure of A. oxygen levels in the ...