Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:24pm.
Six hundred people came to the band concert that was held on the school's athletic field. half of the people sat in the bleachers. one third of the people sat in chairs on the track. the rest of the people sat on the grass. How many sat on the grass? In chairs? In the bleachers?
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:31pm
600 * 1/2 = _____________ in bleachers
600 * 1/3 = _____________ in chairs
Subtract the total in bleachers and chairs from 600 to find the number that sat on the grass.
math - Anonymous, Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 5:48pm
300 in bleachers.
200 in chairs.
100 in grass.
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:05pm
math - Anonymous, Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:15pm
Thanks Ms.Sue ☺
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:19pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - one third of the people in a convention room are seated in three-fourths ...
- math - a band held a concert in it's hometown a total of 15000 people attended ...
- Math - Eight people are put into pairs and enter a room with a large table with ...
- Math - There are 5 chairs in a row, and three people. In how many ways c an you ...
- Maths - Six friends sat around a circular table. Ann (who is the the banker) sat...
- SAT Essay - SAT Question-Are people too reluctant to change their opinions?
- Math - There are 3,000 people at a concert. You survey a random sample of 200 ...
- math - what are situation and solution equations? example question is: People in...
- Math - Tell me how to figure out these probabilities In how many different ...
- math - A total of 121 people came to the school science fair this year. This is ...