Posted by cheri on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 6:32pm.
CO2(g) + H2(g) *) H2O(g) + CO(g)
is at equilibrium at some temperature. At
equilibrium a 4.00 L vessel contains 1.00 mole
CO2, 1.00 mole H2, 2.40 moles H2O, and 2.40
moles CO. How many moles of CO2 must be
added to the system to bring the equilibrium
CO concentration to 0.731 mol/L?
Answer in units of moles
- ap chemistry - DrBob222, Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 6:56pm
..........CO2 + H2 ==> H2O + CO
Kc = (H2O)(CO)/((CO2)(H2)
Substitute and solve for Kc.
For the second part, if the final concn for CO = 0.731, it follows final concn H2O must be 0.731; therefore, you must have added 0.731-0.600 = 0.131 for both H2O and CO. That means H2 must have contributed the 0.131 so H2 at equilibrium will be 0.25-0.131 = 0.119
Substitute those values into Kc expression and solve for (CO2). Then you know CO2 initially was 0.25 and final concn is the new calculated value. Find the difference to know how much must be added. That will be in M, convert to mols in 4L. Post your work if you get stuck.
- ap chemistry - john james, Thursday, October 3, 2013 at 8:21pm
- ap chemistry - Anonymous, Monday, November 23, 2015 at 12:42pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Chemistry - The system CO2(g) + H2(g)<->H2O(g) + CO(g) is at ...
- CHEM - When 0.5 mole of CO2 and 0.5 mole of H2 were forced into a litre reaction...
- AP CHEM! - IM SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP! H2 +CO2-->H2O + CO When H2 is mixed ...
- Chemistry (please help me!) - H2(g) + CO2(g)<-> H20(g) + CO(g) When H2(g) ...
- Chemistry - Consider the following reaction: CO2 (g) + H2 (g) CO (g) + H2O (g) ...
- chemistry - CO2(g) + H2(g) equilibrium reaction arrow CO(g) + H2O(g) Calculate ...
- Chemistry (Equilibrium) - Consider the following equilibrium system at 900°C: ...
- equilbrium II - when CO2 (.15mol) and H2 (.302g) in a 500L vessel at 576'C are ...
- Chemistry - At equilibrium at 1.0 L vessel contains 22.00 mol of H2, 20.00 mol ...
- science - 1.40g each of CO, H2O, and H2 are sealed in a 1.41−L vessel and ...