Posted by george on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 11:30am.
For 3 vectors, find the magnitude and direction of the vector D=A-B+3C.
A of length 6.2 and pointing 52 degrees up from the negative x-axis
B of length 6.6 and pointing 27 degrees up from the positive x-axis
C of length 2.8 and pointing 57 degrees down from the positive x-axis
the direction is counterclockwise from the x-axis
- physics - Jennifer, Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 7:46pm
First, find the x and y components of all vectors:
Ax = -6.2*cos(52)
Ay = 6.2*sin(52)
Bx = 6.6*cos(27)
By = 6.6*sin(27)
Cx = 2.8*cos(57)
Cy = -2.8*sin(57)
Dx = Ax - Bx + 3*Cx
Dy = Ay - By + 3*Cy
D has a magnitude of
D = (Dx^2 + Dy^2)^0.5
and a direction of theta given by
tan(theta) = Dy/Dx
Input values into these equations and solve
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - The magnitude of vector A is 18 units at an angle of 90 degrees with ...
- Physics - A diagram has vector A at 30 degrees above the positive x axis. length...
- Physics - 1) The vector sum of three vectors gives a resultant equal to zero. ...
- Science - 1) The vector sum of three vectors gives a resultant equal to zero. ...
- Physics - For the three vectors A+B+C= -1.4i. Vector A is 4i and vector C is -...
- Physics - The two vectors a and b have equal magnitudes(on an x-y plane vector a...
- physics - Only two forces act on an object (mass = 4.20 kg), as in the drawing...
- AP Physics - there are two vectors in quadrant three one with a magnitude of 31....
- Physics - The three vectors have magnitude a =3m, b= 4m and c=10m . On the x ...
- science (physics) Need to solve this today please - (a) Express the vectors A, B...