Posted by Shadow on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 9:56pm.
How many moles of ion are in the following?
A. 0.0200 g AgNO3
- Could someone give me the step to solve such problems? Thanks
Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:01pm
How many mols AgNO3 do you have? That's mols = grams/molar mass
Then you have that many mols Ag^+ and that many mols NO3^-
Chemistry - Shadow, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:07pm
Since the AgNO3 have a molar mass of 169.87 g. I divided that by 0.02 g and got 0.000118 moles of AgNO3. How would I find how many moles is Ag and how many is NO3? Thanks
Chemistry - Shadow, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:08pm
I mean Ag but not NO3 **
Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:19pm
No, you divided 0.02 by 169.87 to obtain 0.000118 mols AgNO3.
So you have 0.000118 mols Ag^+ and 0.000118 mols NO3^-
The formula tells you that you have 1 mol Ag^+ per mol AgNO3 and 1 mol NO3^- per mol AgNO3. Total mols of ions (which is what I think the original post asked for) is 0.000118 + 0.000118 = ?
Chemistry - Shadow, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:29pm
It would be 0.00023 mol .Thank you. Let say if they want to know the amount of ions. I would just have to multiply that number by avogadro number right? Thanks
Chemistry - DrBob222, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:11pm
Yes, but you are throwing s.f. away.
0.000118 + 0.000118 = 0.000236 and that x 6.02E23 = total ions.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college chemistry - molarity question - My textbook doesn't show me how to do ...
- Chemistry UGH - Help please! I can't solve any of these, would someone be as ...
- chemistry - hi, Im not sure how to explain this well but here goes. Im doing a ...
- Chemistry 1 H - AgNO3+ BaCl2-> AgCl+ Ba(NO3)2 a. balence the equasion b. How...
- Chemistry - A student mixed 15.0 mL of a solution of 0.0200 M ferric chloride ...
- chemistry - The balanced reaction is CaCO3 + 2 NaF -> CaF2 + Na2CO3 If you ...
- stoichiometry problems - Hey I hve problems with calculate stoichiometry ...
- physiscs - A 10g sample of an unknown ionic compound is dissolved, and the ...
- chemistry - What is the sum of the coefficients (including “1”) of the balanced ...
- CHE - A sample of water was tested with AgNO3, and gave a white precipitate. A....