Posted by helping my son w/ H.Wan tryin to impress ;-) on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:29pm.
Give the pronoun that would replace the underlined nouns...
In the first sentence it says
Sheila's picture won first place in the art contest
And it has Sheila an picture underlined ....
And I know that Sheila would b replaced with age but what about picture?
grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:37pm
I think this assignment wants the student to choose the right pronoun for each underlined noun.
The most common pronouns are:
I, me, we, us, my, our
he, she, it, his, her, him, they, them, their
Sheila can be replaced with the pronoun her.
Picture can be replace with the pronoun it.
grammar - helping my son w/ H.Wan tryin to impress ;-), Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:43pm
So he would re-write the sentence
Her it won first place in the art show?
grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:46pm
We can't use both pronouns in this one sentence.
Her picture won first place.
It won first place.
grammar - helping my son w/ H.Wan tryin to impress ;-), Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:49pm
Oh ok I see now.... the way they worded what they wanted u to do confused me..
Thanks again Ms.Sue
grammar - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:50pm
I agree. It is a confusing sentence.
grammar - Anonymous, Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 9:18pm
Write a pronoun to replace the underlined noun.
grammar - Minh, Wednesday, December 28, 2016 at 8:40pm
Sam was riding his bike
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Language Arts - Identify the antecedent for the underlined pronoun in the ...
- Morning work - What prounoun will replace the underlined noun Sheila's picture
- Language - Sheila picture won first in art contest
- Lang Arts - The novel to kill a mockingbird feature a main character named ...
- ENGLISH - The novel to kill a mockingbird feature a main character named scout. ...
- Langauge Please Help - The novel to kill a mockingbird feature a main character ...
- Language Arts - Okay so in English I'm doing "Appositives" I understand the ...
- arithmetic - if sheila has 5 times as much as dave and the total number is 18. ...
- Language Arts - Write S if the underlined word is the subject pronoun. Write O ...
- physics - While her kid brother is on a wooden horse at the edge of a merry-go-...