Posted by JJ on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 12:55pm.
Can you answer two questions for me? Thanks!!
"On average each of us consumes nearly 53 gallons of water a day at home. Some citizens of water-poor countries survive on as little as 4 gallons a day. We've grown used to seeing water flow out of our taps and down the drains. What if we had an automatic shut-off on our household water that limited us to, say, 13 gallons of water a day?"
1. What kind of argument is used when the author compares water usage in the United States to water usage in poor countries?
A. apeal to emotions
B. apeal to ethics
C. apeal to reason
2. Which abbreviation is punctuated correctly?
I think, but am not sure;
Thanks to anyone who can help me!
ENGLISH HELP?? 2 QUESTIONS. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:02pm
I disagree with your first answer. It looks like an emotional appeal to me.
Your second answer is right.
ENGLISH HELP?? 2 QUESTIONS. - JJ, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:04pm
Ms. Sue, both my answers were correct. I changed the first one to A and got it wrong. Just letting you know. Thanks anyway.
ENGLISH HELP?? 2 QUESTIONS. - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:22pm
Thank you for the update.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Engineering Economics - Sales of bottled water in the U.S totaled 16.3 gallons ...
- Math - Ben conserves water in his home.He conserves 3 gallons each time he turns...
- Math - 1. Find the value of k so that 2, k^2, 8 form a geometric sequence. 2. ...
- MTH/208 - East Battle Lake in Minnesota covers an area of about 1950 acres or 8....
- Math - PLEASE HELP: A bathtub has a capacity of 42 gallons and is completely ...
- MATH - A water plant can process 25 million gallons of water a day. How many ...
- math - Water is Pumped into an underground tank at a constant rate of 8 gallons ...
- Chemistry - I had a problem that asked what volume of water in gallons would ...
- Math - You arrive home to find that your 45 foot by 20 foot basement has 3 ...
- Math - Gregory filled a tank with 4 1/2 gallons of water. Linda filled the same ...